We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

Hi everyone

After a traumatic weekend at hospital found out partner has fractured ankle, had surgery today and pins and plated. Has anyone gone through anything similar before hols, I am so looking forward to returning to marmaris what are everyone's thoughts.. I know the decision will be with doctor but if he says yes should we still go???

Marieaf

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

It would all depen on the doctor's advice ... but if you do decide to go, make sure you notify your insurance company of all the details or else it could make any potential claim null and void.

Jak xx

Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

Yes I know we have to do that but even if docs say we can go not sure how it stands with insurance if we decided to postpone? 😊

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
108 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

if your doc clears him then yes defo still go, it'll be the flying that'll be the ? to decide over. sorry to hear he's injured himself and hope he's in reasonable good spirits.

in 2008 we were in salou, my son was 2 at the time, 1 week into our hols he slipped by the pool and snapped his right thigh bone in half, he spent the next 8 days with both legs in traction in a Spanish hosp where NO staff spoke english, they wouldn't give my 2 year old pain relief for over 30mins until they had validated our insurance so my son lay in extreme pain the whole time :'( they flung his leg around in xray like he was a rag doll while whole time my baby was screaming in agony, then I had to fly home alone the day after hubby and other son flew home on scheduled flight. he had a cast put on right upto his chest so was unable to sit up and had to lay across 3 seats on the flight home then an st johns ambulance picked us up at arrivals. it was the worst week of my life.

just be thankful at least it's happened at home in UK and you don't have to endure a foreign hosp

Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

I am so thankful it was in uk, only thing is if its a non weight bearing cast then he will have to rest. Can you hire wheelchairs in marmaris. . X

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,843 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

yes maria, wheelchairs/mobility scotters the lot no probs.matt

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

If you decide you would rather go when ankle is healed, contact your insurance company - you will be covered for this but of course there may be a charge so not ALL cost would be refunded.

Jak xx

hull england
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

maria

A lady asked the question about wheelchairs earlier in the year i found some places for her while i was in resort the e-mail address for one i found was www.marmarissaglik.com they charged 15tl per day if i remember don,t know what the charge would be to deliver to your accom

I also went to the Ahu Hetman hospital they charged about the same and you had to pick it up and they charged a deposit

hullman

Level Contributor
448 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

no brainer...if all clear from the DR. then happy days...

Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

Thanks for all your messages, just don't want it to be a bad decision if I am having to wheel him around everywhere and with it being hot not sure how he could swim with a cast on?..

Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fractured ankle 3 weeks before we go!!

So far hospital have said he is fit to fly but no weight in it ? Am so confused what to do as I really want to go but know it will be v different if we go plus could we still go on mega Diana with cast on etc? 😳

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris