We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
427 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
How much spending money

Going to Marmaris August 2014 for 11 nights with 2 kids my hubby and pensioner

and want to do days out like mega Diana and Jeep safari and have cash put away for these

was thinking of a realistic budget of around 2000 TL per day do you think this will be enough

spending money as not sure how cheap or expensive turkey is

Anybody got a rough idea for me please like price for a decent meal out and

Dolomus prices etc

or ice cream and water for kids

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money

Andrea are you sure you're budgeting 2000TL a day?? That's an enormous budget of about £680!!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
427 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money

Hi suzi lol god no put a extra 0 on there by mistake i have around 200 to 400 TL per day

and wondered if this was enough or would i need extra

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money

just bear in mind, you're not going till Aug 2014, anything can happen with the exchange rate, prices etc between now and then

crateegg

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
427 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money

How much would you thing is a realistic amount to take per day for a good holiday

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much spending money

Depends on what you like. A rough idea at the moment is £10 for a decent evening meal , £2 a beer , and trips around £15 to 20. These are top end estimates ie I have seen set menu's at £7 for 3 courses and boat trips for £10.

Hope this helps.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
427 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much spending money

Hi yeah that helps loads thank you

Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much spending money

The mega diana boat trip is 25 pound per person. im going next june and planning on £100 per day for 2 adults and one child aged 5. Want to do a few trips etc...

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much spending money

Hi andrea s,

One thing you have not told us is the hotel and board basis!

Obviously you will need less if you are B&B rather than S/C as you will not have to worry about breakfast.

You say you have money put aside for trips so that is covered.

It all depends then on what you drink, how much you drink, what you like to eat and incidentals like ice creams, soft drinks for the kids etc.

Meals can be very cheap if you enjoy thinks like kebabs or Turkish pide or more expensive such as steak etc. Fish and seafood can be very expensive. However, mostly you will find eating in Marmaris a lot cheaper than most other holiday destinations.

£60 - 100 per day for your group is definitely doable but take more if you can afford it. You can always bring back what you don't spend.

Peter & Jean. :o)

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,512 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much spending money

Vicky is staying at Club Candan Peter just down from the busy part of Armutalan youl manage on £100 per day no problem safe,wifi and air-con is free at the hotel if you can manage a couple of hundred pound extra for trips do it and i guarantee youl have plenty money and probably come back with some or even more to spend in the shops lol

Stevie

Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much spending money

Yer were planning on taking about £1400 but budget £100 per day lol and like u say whatever we dont spend we can bring home

Edited: 25 October 2013, 19:46