We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Worried

My daughter and her 6 friends landed in marmaris today . She has been away with her friends three years on the run and never had any problems but when I have told people where she has gone this year everyone is saying to be carefully as there is Turkish gangs raping English girls at the moment . She is a sensable girl but they do like to have a good drink . Is marmaris safe for group of girls

sunderland
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried

I doubt whatever we tell you is gonna put your mind at rest.but marmaris is as safe as anywhere in the world as long as you have a shred of common sense which i'm sure she has.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried

It's just people can put you off . I said its just as dangerous going Magaluff and other resorts were the young ones go thanks for the reply

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried

It's just people can put you off . I said its just as dangerous going Magaluff and other resorts were the young ones go thanks for the reply

Edited: 05 August 2013, 20:56
stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
914 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried

sunderlandturkey fan...do you think we are repeating ourselfs with all the similar post. .. lyndsey as first responce from s t f says she and the others will be fine if they use the same common sense they use a home...kind regards Gavin

stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
914 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worried

magaluf... i havent been there but watched some programmes on it.... never seen it like that in turkey. unless im going to the wrong places...lol.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worried

Turkish gangs raping English girls is utter nonsense! As long as they are sensible and stick together they should have no problems at all.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
640 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Worried

ive had the misfortune to go to magaluf lol went in one bar and there were girls having a naked star jump competition. I never saw that in marmaris..... lol.

they will have a great time in marmaris, like you say its not going to be any worse than any other resort as long as they are sensible.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Worried

Thanks for your advice . I have visited turkey twice and loved it but never visited marmaris . I will be able to sleep much better . I will keep you posted if she text or rings me lol .

stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
914 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Worried

your welcome lyndsey....keep us posted...where have you been in turkey.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Worried

Hi we went to serigerne at the holiday village two years on the run loved it . Been looking at marmaris though for next year as want a resort what's busy and lots going on . Was looking at the julian club . I feel much better today as the people who was making me worried havn,t even been turkey , my daughter and friends will be having a ball they staying at the sesin . I haven't heard from her yet so no news is good news eh .

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris