We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e -cigarettes

e -cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2016, 20:30
yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: e -cigarettes

i dont see why you couldnt put your e-cig in your case... they are illegal in Turkey to purchase out there and also use them but people are using them out there so im assuming its not policed. matt

2. Re: e -cigarettes

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: e -cigarettes

You can take them in either hold or hand luggage - no problem!!

Jak xx

4. Re: e -cigarettes

Scotland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: e -cigarettes

Hadn't heard of them being illegal - can someone please confirm/deny? Got me worried now :(

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: e -cigarettes

electroniccigaretteban.org/country-Turkey-el…

check that helen.matt

Scotland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: e -cigarettes

Thanks for that - does it seriously mean that, as a holidaymaker, I could be in bother if I was found smoking one of these? Yet I could chainsmoke "real" cigarettes to my heart's content? I understand if it means not to do it in public places like restaurants etc (same as here), but walking along the street? On balcony of my hotel? Wouldn't smoke in room - don't do it in own house, so would extend same courtesy elsewhere.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: e -cigarettes

Helen, loads of holidaymakers use them in Turkey without problem. Sales are banned in Turkey (although I know that they are for sale in some places) but people use them in all the holiday resorts without problem.

Jak xx

Scotland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: e -cigarettes

Thanks for that, Jak - was starting to panic. Been hard enough giving up the "real" cigs without the prospect of having no "crutch" to see me through! :)

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: e -cigarettes

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ive just got back and they will take it off you in the airport if they find it. Mine was in my suitcase and they still got it. I asked if I could leave it sumwhere and pick it up on the way back they said no they are illigal in most muslim countries but like sumone said you can buy them out there in the touristy areas but its an under the countdr job. Hope this helps.

sean.

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris