We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else get annoyed?

Teesside
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else get annoyed?

Just been checking reviews for the hotel I stayed at in September. The breakfast was standard Turkish but actually pretty good they offered loads of choice of juice etc and a toasting grill - more than i would normally expect in a Turkish hotel.

Its just such a shame when people review Turkish hotels and mark them down because they dont include a full english breakfast! I thought that the majority of B&B hotels will advertise their traditional turkish breakfast and to expect a full english for the price you pay for these hotels is just crazy!

Does anyone else get a little annoyed at this?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

A little annoyed?It infuriates me!I wonder if foreign visitors go into British hotels and start jumping up and down because there isn't a Turkish/French/Japanese/Peruvian breakfast?

Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
511 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

I think the Turkish breakfast is excellent! All the fresh fruits, yoghurts, freshly baked bread, juice, etc. Yum, yum! So much more healthy than the English breakfast.

We enjoyed the Turkish breakfasts and are looking forward to our visit next year and the delicious breakfasts!

Annali

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

Going Bed & Breakfast in Turkey is a traditional Turkish breakfast. Not the full English breakfasts.

Also having a traditional Turkish breakfast set's you up nicely for the day and you feel less bloated.

Alan :)

Teesside
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

I agree I think the Turikish breakfast is far better i just cannot understand why people would down-rate a hotel just because they are provided a Turkish Breakfast!

Also when reviews say silly things like... it was too far away from the beach! It infuriates me!

Do your research people!

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

I do enjoy a turkish breafast,very healthy and good for you.

co.durham
Level Contributor
368 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

I love a Turkish breakfast and it was over there when I first tasted olives and love them but they don't taste the same here

Newcastle-under-lyme
Level Contributor
396 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

It also annoys us we came back last Fri,there was a man going mad about the breakfast and that he had got to pay £1.99 for a cooked he was complaing he even said he was not giving them a good review he had not been there 1 day phoned the travel company telling other people who had just come we have stayed at this hotel twice and we have no complaints.

Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
511 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

Mind you, not that we don't also enjoy the real English Breakfast. We enjoy everything about every country we visit!

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do" ........... and enjoy :-)

glasgow
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

It really annoys me too! I actually read one review that said "if you are British you can have chips or baked potato if not them you eat out ". I have never gone to this certain hotel and HAD to eat out, I choose too. I always have breakfast and I enjoy trying different things I get enough "Brittish" food here at home :)

Edited: 25 September 2013, 16:45
Teesside
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else get annoyed?

Its a hot topic! I just feel bad for the hotels that suffer from the poor review all because people have to pay a measley £2 for an English breakfast if they insist on having one.

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris