We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson flights

sunderland
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Topic
thomson flights

travelling next week with thomson we 15kg baggage allowance wot is the hand luggage allowance and how strict are they

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson flights

You can take 1 piece of hand baggage weighing up to 5kg and with maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm. On some holidays you’re allowed 7kg – this will be clearly shown whilst you’re booking if it applies.

website with the Information:

thomson.co.uk/editorial/…packageholidays

Alan :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson flights

Thomson weighed our hand luggage at Newcastle in May and mine was a little over the 5kgs so I just took some items out and put in in a carrier and after she weighed it again I just put the extra bits back into my hand luggage,

This was despite our cases weighing only 16 kg each despite having a 20 kg allowance.

I have always took a over the shoulder handbag but they are very strict these days.

If you put some bits in a carrier and place it at your feet you can always put the items in your bag after check in.

There is always someone who gets on my flight with hand luggage bigger than my case!

Edited: 26 September 2013, 21:53
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson flights

5kgs, we noticed they was checking the weighing the cases nd little holdalls, but dnt bother with handbags,

Teesside
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson flights

In september they were very strict. 15kg is actually not a lot especially on the way back I highly recommend you purchase the extra baggae at least between two of you as once you are in Turkey you cannot buy this.

Hand luggage is also weighed as you check in with a max of 5kg. They are strict and will charge for every full kilo over.

5. Re: thomson flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:19