We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the things to take for a self catering holiday?

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
What are the things to take for a self catering holiday?

Hi,

We are going to marmaris on the 6th of October and booked a self catering accommodation. Was wondering if anyone can shed some ideas on what kind if essential stuff I should pack ,,, should I take a travel iron ? I donno if they provide an iron in such accommodation. Please help !!!

Thnx

Anindita

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the things to take for a self catering holiday?

I've never seen an iron in Turkish SC so I would take an iron. I also take a tea towel, dishcloth and sponge cos I prefer to use my own and they're not always supplied anyway. Anything else you can buy over there.

Jak xx

Glasgow, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the things to take for a self catering holiday?

Thank you very much ! thts very helpful information . will take these stuff for sure. is there anything else i should be prepared for? can i use pound in local stores ? are there mosquitoes and cockroaches in turkey? should i get insect killer too?

thnx

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,606 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the things to take for a self catering holiday?

You can get everything you need out there, including insect killer and insect repellent, there are mozzies and cockroaches but hopefully you wont be seeing any of the latter in your apartment!

Lira is best for local shops so take some with you and then change the rest up whe you get there as you usually get a beter exchange rate in resort.

Take a travel iron if you need one as I doubt there will be one in your accomodation.

4. Re: What are the things to take for a self catering holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris