We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sun cream

Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
sun cream

Hi first time in turkey so will be hot weather compared to what we are used to. Ive been told p20 is a good sun cream to use for my self and my son? Or can anynone reccommend one thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sun cream

never heard any complaints about P20....... we have used factor 50 previously and gradually worked down 30, 20, 15, 10 etc but always start with 50. matt

Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sun cream

Thanks matt

This suncream you only apply it once a day but just hope i dnt burn with it lol

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sun cream

my old boss was fair-haired and swore by P20, he said with any other cream he burnt to a crisp but in years of using the p20 he hadnt suffered at all.matt

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sun cream

P20 is a very good product Vicky. I usually use the Piz Buin creams but a few years ago I was in Egypt just north of The Sudan - in July that was hot! I had P20 on and even tho we were out in the sun all day I didn't burn at all. It's right you just apply it once in the morning, leave it about 20 minutes then it usually lasts all day. A little goes a long way.

Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sun cream

Thanks think im going to pay the money and get some of that for me and my son :)

scotland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sun cream

Please be careful with it though. My son tans easily so we felt confident he would be fine with p20 in Turkey.

My younger son is fairer so we covered him in factor 50. My older boy did get sunburn though and we think it may have been because we didnt ensure he waited an hour before going in water once the cream had been applied.

Didnt risk it again after that and smothered them both in factor 50 although he did still tan.

Used p20 on my daughter when she was young though and she has never burned.

Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sun cream

My son tans so im thinking he may be ok the the p20 but im getting the factor 40 for him and will take some 50 just incase x

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sun cream

Just one thing I would point out Vicky, is to always make sure it's well soaked in before you put on your good tops etc. although I love p20 and wouldn't use anything else, I've ruined some good clothes with it. It does stain and you can't get the stains out. But other than that, a fantastic product - we even used it in Egypt where the temps were very high and never burned.

Yvonne

Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sun cream

So wed have to stand naked for a short while lol

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sun cream

No, but you could use some old swimwear or something that u didn't mind staining . It's up to you, just thought I would warn u what can and does happen

Yvonne

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris