We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August with a 4 year old

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
August with a 4 year old

Hi,

Can anyone please help my worry. I've booked a holiday to club turban on 22 august, I've been blissfully looking forward to it till someone told me it's a no go with children as it's far too hot and uncomfortable! If this is the case I'll move our holiday to the October half term, ideally we do want to go in August, any advise and experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks xxxx

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,576 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August with a 4 year old

Hi, yes it will be hot but loads of families holiday at that time. It's all about being sensible ... shade, sun cream, an afternoon sleep when the heat is at its height, plenty of water, etc, etc. it would be a shame to move your holiday to the October half-term as the weather can be 'iffy" then (good days, bad days, chilly evenings) and the season will have practically ended so lots will be closed.

Jak xx

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August with a 4 year old

morning ck as jak as said its all about common sense.. we have every single year taken our daughter on holiday with us even to egypt where it reached high 40's, it was scorching. but basics like plenty fluids, high factor suncream regularly applied, a hat and if your sun bathing ensure a shaded area for your child.. im sure you will be fine, weve never had any problems at all. matt

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: August with a 4 year old

Thanks for the advice, think we'll stick to August and be sensible like you say xxx

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August with a 4 year old

Hello & welcome to the Marmaris forum

As mentioned by Jak (post 1) make sure they drink plenty of fluids, use a good sun cream, around the pool keep them in the shade. Even when they are in the pool the sun will be on them all the time, so a cap / wide brimmed hat will be a good idea - maybe a t-shirt to protect their back and shoulders.

Make good use of the Air Con at night

If your going out and about the resort with young children, best time to go is in the evening when it's slightly cooler and more comfortable to walk about. Bars, Restaurants and Shops are open till late.

Alan

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August with a 4 year old

here are my tips;

Getting to the beach either early morning or late in the day is a great idea. Avoid the direct heat of the day and protect your kids with sunscreen and hats. Even if you can buy the special swim tee-shirts to protect their delicate skin that would be wise. I see more and more families from the UK, Australia and the USA with these UV blocking swim tee-shirts. And drink lots of water.

Most if not hotels nowadays have A/C so you really do not have to worry about that. Keep in mind that the beach will be hot in mid-day so most kids that I know love the fact if you arrange a hotel with a swimming pool. This way they can also keep cool by taking a dip. Take some crayons, portable DVD player and or PSP games etc.. and things to keep them busy in the afternoons to avoid the heat.

hull england
Level Contributor
3,618 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: August with a 4 year old

I would agree with all the above posts be sensible always if your out and about during the day have some water with you, common sense will ensure a trouble free holiday

hullman

gainsborough
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: August with a 4 year old

We used the all in one type swim suit for our little girl when she was younger.They cover the shoulders and legs down to knees.You can purchase these for £20 or so.An excellent investment.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: August with a 4 year old

My girls have been going to Turkey in August since they were babies. Yes, it's hot but as others have, said as long as you drink plenty of water, use lots of sum cream and avoid direct sun at the hottest part of the day, you will all be fine.

9. Re: August with a 4 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 00:38
10. Re: August with a 4 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:17