We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in the paper today e visas

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
946 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
in the paper today e visas

dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2567406/Turke…

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
946 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: in the paper today e visas

abta.com/news-and-views/news/change-to-turki…

abta website

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: in the paper today e visas

yes correct.."'Visitors arriving in Turkey without an e-visa will be able to obtain them via interactive kiosks located at Turkish airports until this deadline.'

however if you arrive to the airport without obtaining the visa before hand it will COST MORE at the airport. please read the link below

mfa.gov.tr/data/…vize-harc-miktarlari-en.pdf

for UK citizens online price 20 $

If you arrive at the airport without a visa it will cost 30 $ / 25 € / 20 £

which is 10 dollars higher than the online amount

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: in the paper today e visas

Good job you posted this info canmom. I read the same info on the Dalyan site about buying in the airport, but I think I will still buy on line before flying out.

Now even more so after reading your posting.

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
1,002 Reviews
Marmaris, Turkey
Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: in the paper today e visas

Well if you read the article in the Daily Mail, there's another glaring error where it says the visas are for 90 days - they've been 90 in 180 days for ages now.

Jak xx

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: in the paper today e visas

Thank you topcat.i never knew this.been to marmaris four times in last few years but never knew this.travel agent hasnt even informed me.i also havnt got a printer so not sure how i will get a print out.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: in the paper today e visas

Thank you topcat.i never knew this.been to marmaris four times in last few years but never knew this.travel agent hasnt even informed me.i also havnt got a printer so not sure how i will get a print out.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: in the paper today e visas

<<i also havnt got a printer so not sure how i will get a print out.<<<

it has been suggested from other members that you could go to your local library and print out your e-visa there..or get a friend to print it out for you.

and yes lulabellsheffield, so many members have commented that they will just wait until they get to the airport to get their visa ..if they wait it will cost them more

this was posted by Kedi "You can get your visa at the airport but it will cost £20 as against £13 for the online one. "

that pretty much sums it up

again if you arrive to the airport on or BEFORE april 10th it will be the same procedures as in the past..

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,053 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: in the paper today e visas

Yes, the deadline for evisa at the airport (not the previous visa-on-arrival sticker) has been extended till December 31, 2014. However this type of evisa can only be obtained at the kiosks at the airport and they will be more expensive than the regular evisas that you can get at the comfort of your homes or offices. Have a look at my detailed thread on this issue dated February 3. : "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k7172…".

The bottom line is I strongly advise everyone to get their evisa before departure, if you do not want to waste extra money and time in front of the kiosks at the airport upon arrival. Use "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/".

enigma...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: in the paper today e visas

So confused, i already have my visa for going end of april will it be ok still to use this ?

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: in the paper today e visas

Gemma assuming you have an Evisa then yes you are fine.

I can understand why you are confused, there is a lot of misleading information out there. It is not being helped by this article in the Daily Mail.

The old sticker style visa will not be available after 10 April 2014. The Evisa system which has been in place since last April will be the way that all visas should be obtained in the future

As I understand it, Evisa booths will be set up at the international airports (and presumably other ports of entry) as a temporary measure only until 31 December 2014 - see Enigma's post (no 8) and Canmom's posts (2 and 7) above.