We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
576 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

Been a few years since I last stayed in Turkey. Going to Marmaris in June. Is it better exchange Sterling for Lira in UK or in Marmaris. If better changing in Marmaris where are best places to exchange?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

It is usually better to bring a small amount of lira and then either exchange sterling to lira in Turkey or withdraw lira from the ATMs as you get a better rate out there.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

the lira rate is really good at the minute and no1 know wot way it will go i usually take sterling bout im hoping to get a good few £ done b4 i go :)

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

I have just bought mine on the principle there are elections soon, and the political situation in Turkey is quite volatile. Got 3.56tl -£1 Only time will tell if i made the right choice.

Wakefield
Level Contributor
205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

I like to take some with me, then get the rest out at an ATM, got 3.61 today with Travel FX, only been going to Marmaris since 2007 and I've never known the exchange rate to be so good.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
576 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

Using ATM not an option for me. If changing currency in Marmaris where is best to use?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

Restaurants, Mini-Supermarkets & Travel Agencies usually offer the best exchange rates.

Alan

gainsborough
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

We are in Turkey mid August and I am very tempted to purchase all my spends in UK now.Last in Turkey 2010 rate was only 2.4 at time. 3.6 in UK now looks great to me.

8. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 21:05
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
576 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

Sounds like it might make sense to get currency in UK instead of Turkey

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turkish Lira - Uk or Marmaris?

If you exchange now the rate is excellent but who knows in a month or so!!

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris