We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-visa question

Belfast, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
e-visa question

Hi all.

I know there's a lot of topics about the visas at the minute so sorry for adding another one.

My question is that my group are planning on waiting until we arrive in Turkey next Sunday to get our visas as we don't mind paying the extra money and we have enough documents to carry with us without adding another. I read somewhere that this option could be scrapped at any moment. Is there any truth in this? Also is it still the same process, basically handing the £20 with your passport and be on your way?

Laura

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: e-visa question

<<< I read somewhere that this option could be scrapped at any moment. Is there any truth in this? <<<

no not true

<<<Also is it still the same process, basically handing the £20 with your passport and be on your way?<<

yes that is correct. If you dont apply for the e-visa in advance it will cost you more at the airport of 20 gbp's per person including children and babies

the e-visa process is easy and you can apply for all online

e-Visa applications can be created for an individual, for a family (minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 people) or for a group (minimum of 10 and maximum of 100 people).

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/tour/

you will pay 20 US DOLLARS for the e-visa online which works out to about 12 gbp's each rather than paying 20 gbp's at the airport

Kilmihil, Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: e-visa question

Hi, I dont no anything major about this, I am travelling to marmaris from Ireland, My travel Agent warned me to have e-visa bought online before I leave as they dont accept it any other way. maybe its different from the UK. I have been to turkey the last 3 years and paid in the airport with my passport. But seemingly this has changed.

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: e-visa question

Hi allynddalton,

Yes things changed in April of this year and you now need to pre-buy your evisa on line.

Only use the following website as there are ones on-line who charge for doing what you can do yourself:

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Also have a look at:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298033-i793-k72…

You are lucky to have a good travel agent as some in the UK are still telling their customers that it can be bought for £10 on arrival.

As said above, this is just not true and a visa on arrival will cost £20 AND will take longer to get through to the bagage reclaim as you would have to visit two desks which also means two queues!

Peter & Jean. :o)

Belfast, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: e-visa question

Thanks everyone. After speaking to the girls, we've decided to take the safer option and just book it online. Just in case!

5. Re: e-visa question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris