We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

check-in

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
check-in

hi we fly from b-ham . is it worth doing online check in. we fly on Saturday . 4 more sleeps!!!!!!!

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: check-in

We did online check-in when we went away a couple of weeks ago. To be honest it didn't make any difference at the airport at all, we still had to queue, so in future I probably wouldn't bother unless I really had to. A lot of airlines nowadays only have online check-in and don't give you the option to just check in at the airport.

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: check-in

Hi louise,

It does depend on the airport.

At Bournemouth they have two lines. With and without boarding passes.

We checked in on line and printed off our boarding passes.

The with boarding pass line was longer but moved more than twice as fast as the without line.

A couple who were at the back of the without line when we joined our line were only half way to the desk as we moved off to the passport control before duty free!

Peter & Jean. :o)

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: check-in

hi pro69 I have been looking out for yours and two other regulars on the forum . I know you give true and honest reports. I have done the online booking ,might as well try it !!

weather reports are pants I agree .I just look each day for the best and show that to the kids!!

last year we went to bodrum weather was great till flying home day and then had hail stones , only for about 20 mins but they were more like snowballs . got soaked but soon dryed .never seen anything like it .

going on mega di and jeep safari stil not sure which of the three water parks ? going with seagull transfers . hope kervansaray is ok will do fountains . might do talk of the town . not sure kids 2 5 14 14 what do you think?

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: check-in

Hi Louise,

You seem to have it covered.

Not into water parks so won't offer an opinion.

Talk of the Town had several children there about 6 to 14 so I would say yes. Lots of colour, singing and dancing which they seemed to enjoy. Humour is of the basic, slap stick variety and on one night they were given lollipops and on another alcohol free cocktails.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: check-in

hi pro689 I have 2yr and 5yr . they are well behaved (most the time) you said your saw 6+ ,do you think they are too young . should I go for it or save it for next year ?

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: check-in

Hi Louise,

I don't think the 5 year old would be a problem.

To be honest we have no children of our own so my experience with 2 year olds is minimal.

You would know more about how you could cope with him/her if she gets fractious.

Are your two 14 year olds the sort that look after the younger ones?

If the 2 year old starts to cry would they take care of the 5 year old whilst you took the young one outside?

Are there no other adults in your party or are you coping with them on your own?

These are questions that only you can answer.

If the 14 year olds are good with their younger siblings I would say, yes, go for it.

Also, this post is about on-line check in so you might be better asking the question on one of the two Talk of the Town posts such as:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298033-i793-k75…

That way you might hear from others with children who have been.

7. Re: check-in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:15