We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Evin - a few questions

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Club Evin - a few questions

Hi All

We're off to Club Evin in a few weeks time and have a few (OK, a lot of) questions.

We're staying in a 2 bedroom apartment, which I believe are quite new, so some of the questions are specifically about these.

There's me and my wife, our son and his g/f. They are both only 16, so it is important that they have one of the sofa beds and one of the singles in the second bedroom. Are all the beds made up automatically or will we have to ask in advance?

How are the aircon units arranged in the 2BA? Prices as well if anyone knows. Also the safe, is it in the room or reception?

Thomson advertise free Wi-Fi. Is this any good, and is it available everywhere to the same standard?

Thomson also state there are loads of sunbeds, enough for everyone. However, looking at the pictures there don't seem to be that many. Any comments? Are the sunbeds free or do you have to pay?

Pictures seem to show Alice's restaurant, but I've also heard about Revolution. Are these two different places both of which are part of the hotel, or maybe the restaurant has been re-named?

Finally (for now) any recommendations (and directions) for recommended local supermarkets, bakery, restaurants and travel shops would be very gratefully received.

Sorry it's a long list, but I thought I'd get all these out of the way in one go. My wife and I have been to Greece probably over 50 times in the last 25 years, but this is my first time in Turkey for over 35 years - so I'm on a steep learning curve!

Many thanks in advance.

Oh, and if you need to know anything about Crete, I'll do my best to help :)

Steve.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 01:42
Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Hi Steve,

The beds in bedrooms are made up automatically. But the beds in lounge are sofa beds. Sofas for you in the day and beds at night. You are expected to make these up yourself as the room maids are cleaners and go home in the evening.

I am away for a funeral but when I get home I will send their email address and you can get a better answer from Pam in reception.

Just tell her you will be using one of the sofa beds and she will make sure there are sheets etc. in the room.

The AC units are individual, wall mounted and controlled by a remote which you will get from reception when you pay the fee. I don't have the fee on my iPad but will let you have it from home when I get on my laptop.

Safes in reception.

Wi-Fi is a bit hit and miss. Best in restaurant area and early in morning. Goes down a bit in rooms and when busy. We managed! But hey, it's free.

Many sun beds in hotel all free.

You are looking at old pictures. Revolution is name of restaurant now.

Come out of hotel, turn right, walk 100 yards and mini supermarket on corner. Basics available, milk and fresh bread early (about 07:00) every morning.

Come out of hotel and walk ahead along canal. 150 yards or so, several restaurants, bars and A&S Travel for your trips.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Many thanks Peter and Jean. A lovely comprehensive answer.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Hi Steve

Email address for Club Evin is reservations@clubevin.com Email with dates of stay

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Hi pb,

Thanks for that.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Hi Steve

Got a Suprise when I saw you on the Marmaris forum, I didn't think you would ever go anywhere but Crete.

We thought the same over the last few years, but we went to Marmaris for 2 weeks in May and had a wonderful time.

The kids will enjoy the jeep safari, and I think you will also enjoy seeing the dancing fountains (each evening at 9 o'clock ).

I'm sure you will enjoy marmaris, your money will go a lot further anyway lol.

Yvonne

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Thanks yvonne and pb.

Yvonne, this may be the last holiday our son wants to accompany us, so we asked him and his g/f where they fancied going. We're really looking forward to seeing somewhere totally different from what we're used to.

Not too sure about the money, the wine seems expensive...!

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Hi Steve

If you want to venture out of marmaris, it's lovely to take the dolmus to icmeler. It's a great wee town with a beautiful beach. Also you can take the dolmus to Turunc. We really loved Turunc. The views on the way over the mountain from icmeler to Turunc are absolutely amazing and not to be missed, but to be honest you may not feel like going back the same way - no problem , just sit and have a wee drink at one of the cafe's along the beach and wait on the Marmaris boat taxi going back.

I can't remember how much this costs Steve, but to be honest it's not much at all.

Hope you and your family have a lovely time in marmaris .

Yvonne

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Thanks yvonne, that sounds lovely. I've not quite got my head round the dolmus yet, do they all set off from the same place?

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Hi all,

Water taxi is 10 lira to or from Icmeler/Marmaris.

2.5 lira Icmeler to or from Turunc.

Great fun!

Edited: 07 June 2014, 13:17
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Evin - a few questions

Thanks Peter and Jean, that sounds very good value!

I was going to start a separate thread about recommended day trips, but seeing as we have moved on to it anyway, maybe you could tell me about what you consider to be unmissable things to do and places to go; bearing in mind that beaches, scenery and shopping will probably be of more interest (to the 16 yr olds at least) than history and archaeology.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 13:28
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris