We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my experiences/warnings

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
my experiences/warnings

Got bk my holiday last week and what an eventful 2 weeks we had,

stayed at club candan and it was a great hotel with good facilities, everything we needed was so close by if it wasnt within the hotel itself,

We mainly ate out often going to villa dream, the queen vic or going to havana bar in armutalan all of which we tried thanks to reviews on here

We did find it really annoying trying to walk down the street without being pestered to come in n try food or drink but as everyone else says just a polite no thanks is enough, it jst gets annoying when in 10 minutes youve had to say no thanks about 10+ times

in the first week of our holiday we done jeep safari (im a bit annoyed I never caught the name of the company tho) but in out jeep there was 10 passengers and all was going great till 10 minutes into the water fight our jeep crashed, we wer warned insurance is void if u arent wearing a seatbelt so we all had ours on, the driver was driving at less than a meter away from the jeep infront and we had asked him to slow down and pull back a bit, then 10 minutes into the water fight part the driver thinks its time for him to join in and isnt looking at driving and bang straight into the back of the jeep infront we went, my seatbelt came undone and I went flying right into the bars at the roof, had a big lump and bruise for the rest of my holiday on my forehead, a 5 year o

d girl in the seat behind me banged her head pretty badly, her mum burst her lip, and 3 other ppl in her party had cuts and grazes too, the driver didnt speak english so didnt understand what everyone was shouting at him, so when we got the guy who spoke perfect english he to

d us these things happen and we wernt going bk to the hotels we would b fine if we just continue as we wer all alright (to b honest we wer apart from minor cuts and bruises and being very shook up) the driver did get warned to slow down and pay attention and he did so we did all continue the day, apart from me feeling quite sick the rest of the day was lovely and we seen some beautiful sights with going to a waterfall and jesus beach :) basically of u want to do jeep safari do it as its an amazing experience if it goes well, but make sure u pay the extra to do it with thomsons or another reputable organisation,

then ther was quad safari, I thought id hav been great at it, nope I sucked :( anyway b VERY careful and wary we booked it and when we got ther wer told to sign a form, I thought it was just saying if u act wreck less and break the quad u will need to pay and u cant claim insurance if u get injured due to this behaviour, but this woman was driving it with her and her husband and on the way back she lost control and made them and the bike fall off an edge (with abt a 1 meter drop) we wer all told to continue on without them, but the guy got his leg quite badly injured and when we got back he was informed his insurance wouldn't b liable should he need to go to hospital (its very likely he could have)!! Again it was a fun day out but an experience that isnt worth the risk of forfeiting insurance for, I was allowed to do it with my 5 year old but would defo recommend against young children doing it, at the end of the day an adult has the right to make the choice to do a dangerous thing when they aint insured but do u really want to risk an innocent childs futurer for them to experience 2 hours on a quad :(

horse safari was good, it was pinar safari we used and id defo recommend this trip altho a horse did poo right infront of me as we wer waist deep in the river, I think im going to b scarred for life on that :p but thers a lovely stop where u can go in the river and have a dip or play on the rope swings, they also take bottles of water and juice in an ice bucket which go down very well and its really well priced, only thing id advise u dont pay for is the horses food bag its 5tl for a fun size apple and small carrot cut up in a bag, buy your own from the supermarket and take it with u as they allow u to do this :) the staff treat the horses well and the horses all behaved perfect on our trek

I loved havana bar but I liked it so much im going to add a seperate post for it :)

But

11. Re: my experiences/warnings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 16:55
12. Re: my experiences/warnings

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 16:52
13. Re: my experiences/warnings

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 16:52
14. Re: my experiences/warnings

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 16:54
FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
17,017 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: my experiences/warnings

Lol Sam what have you done 4 posts removed

Stevie

Derby, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: my experiences/warnings

hullman,

I personally will not do the jeep safari or quad safari due to safety and agree that parents do need to ensure that the vehicle looks safe and check seatbelts work, etc. although even with best endeavours you may not realise it isn't working correctly until you have an accident. It scares me sometimes when I see people passing which young children on their lap in the jeeps. With regard to you paying your taxes, yes I agree and my remark was more a pointer to the fact that perhaps the travel agencies/trips should be better regulated in someway (I know there are excellent trip agencies that do have all the correct insurances, etc. but there are some that don't). Oh and it was a slight dig at the policies regarding dancing waiters, though agree that music should be turned down in residential areas around midnight.

Think you are right about the drivers and like Stevie says, paying that bit more money for safety is worth it in the long-run.

Heather

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: my experiences/warnings

Stevie, do you book this at A&S?

I did this for the first time last year and enjoyed it. So we are wanting to book again.

XxxReggieXxx

18. Re: my experiences/warnings

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 18:06
Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: my experiences/warnings

Never really fancied the jeep safari,not sure why done most others heardmixed reviews on it,is it worth it? My top 3 trips/night would be..

1.Mega Diana

2.Ibrox Bar

3.Turkish Night

Was dragged to Talk of the town,what ever floats your boat i suppose but that was enough haha

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: my experiences/warnings

Yeah jeep jafari.

Thanks for that Stevie

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris