We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Howden, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
visa

whats happening with the visa situation at the airports?

the official turkey e-visa website is not working!!!

unofficial sites are charging £25 + EACH!!!

can you pay at the airport???

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa

No problem, works OK.................... https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,468 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa

And its £20 at the airport

Stevie

Howden, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: visa

Cheers stevie

Is it £20 cash or do you queue up for a £20 visa?

Are the queues long (time consuming) as I've a transfer to catch?

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa

You queue for a sticker like the old system so there's the potential for a long queue.

website seems to be working ok.

Sue

gainsborough
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa

Did ours for myself,wife and daughter yesterday.Had no problems All done in approximately 30 mins.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 23:03
Onchan, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa

Queues are very small to buy visa at airport. But, as previously stated, £20 to buy in airport or $20 (approx £12.50) to buy on line. Airport visa purchase to end September I am told.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa

You can still get a visa at the airport until the end of the year...........

traveltofethiye.co.uk/about/…

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
996 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: visa

As mentioned you can get a visa at the airport but it will cost u £20, also ive heard it can br time consuming at the airport as they dont necessarily have people maning the visa kiosk as they assume everyone purchases online and therefore you may need to wait for someone to come issue your sticker visa.

Not sure what others opinions are but the whole e-visa process sounds to be a complete nightmare?!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visa

Have done e visa for last two years and it is very easy and just takes a few minutes. The visa at the airport is more expensive and they will not open many booths as they want people to move to the on line system.

Most things are on line now so it seems a good solution to me rather than queuing twice on arrival

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
996 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: visa

I hold residency so dont need to apply for e-visa so have not any experience of the process of applying, just many of the threads here are from panicking/confused people trying to sort out their visa, stating websites are crashing and they arnt getting emails etcetc which made me wonder whether the whole e-visa thing was as affective as it should be and whether they should just stick to the foolproof sticker visa?