We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turkey passport problems

Benidorm, Spain
1 post
Save Topic
turkey passport problems

Hi,

I am having a nightmare and am in need of some help. I keep getting passed from pillar to post on the telephone with no answers.

Here is the scenario:

my family and i live in Spain we have British passports.

My partners passport has expired so we have applied for a new one (in the UK) 2 and a half months ago and it doesn't appear like it will be returned to us in time for the holiday.

my question is can she travel to turkey on an emergency passport with it not being part of the EU, do the rules differ???

If yes where do i need to go to get this done, does it have to be the embassy in Madrid or can i go to the consulate in alicante????

how does this affect us with regards to getting the visas for turkey?????

any additional help or people that are experiencing the same problem...please please please help me, my Partner is stressed to high heaven and crying all the time for fear of missing our hard earned holiday!! thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turkey passport problems

No the passport office will not issue an "emergency passport" for a holiday.

Emergency travel documents are issued in life or death situations or for repatriation.

You need to find out what office is dealing with your application?

Did you keep your reference number from the application form?

Is the application with the passport office or has it got lost in the post?

If the application is lost in the post, your partner may need to come to the UK and do the one week service, or ask at the office if they will do a one day service for her.

If the application is in a passport office then your partner needs to speak with that office directly.

The phone number you ring is just a call center, operated for the passport office by teleperformance.

The call centre has limited information, but if you escalate the call, speak to a team leader, and stress you must speak to the passport office directly.

Best of luck.

Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turkey passport problems

I would imagine that you could get a full passport issued at the British Embassy in Spain?

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: turkey passport problems

Unfortunately not.

https:/…british-embassy-madrid

4. Re: turkey passport problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris