We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight bus from Trabzon to Kars

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight bus from Trabzon to Kars

Hi everyone. I am planning my trip from Trabzon to Kars. Early / Mid October I saw a trip report regarding catching a night bus from Trabzon to Kars:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k40331…

But I seems not able to find any information to confirm this on the internet. Could any one give me a hand on this? Afterward is it possible to go from Kars to Van by bus?

These seems to be not hot topics.....so hard to find info online.

Any help are really really appreciated....

ZK

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight bus from Trabzon to Kars

Lüks Gümüşhane Turizm have a bus from Trabzon at 23.59 arriving in Kars at 07.00,cost 55TL

To then go from Kars to Van you'll need to bus hop first to Ağrı and then from there to Van.On each leg these are local buses which run frequently.Once you arrive in Kars ask at the bus station about times.Your hotel there may even know,they're often a good source of that type of info.

If you have the time why not go from Ağrı to Doğubeyazit first before going on to Van?Ishakpaşa Palace there is remarkable!

Edited: 13 September 2013, 18:34
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight bus from Trabzon to Kars

Hi Sarikanarya,

Thank you for your quick reply! Really appreciate it. I was looking at the photos of Ishakpasa Palace online! What an awesome place it is! Will try my best to visit if transportation allows. This sparks some more questions for how to connect the dots of my existing itinerary:

1) Was looking at some trip report. I guess to go to Doğubeyazit, I have to first go from Kars to Igdir? Is there any bus company posting the schedule so I could plan myself ahead? Saw this wiki guide intrigued me:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Dogubeyazit

I've also found that Kars Kalesi Turizm offer direct on way bus from Kars to Van. I guess I could probably also catch mini buses to go Dogubeyazit from Van?

2) Is it hard to connect Adiyaman --> Van or Van --> Adiyaman? I saw post replay that you gave on lonely planet, but want to know connect the 2 dots? What company runs this line?

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

ZK

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight bus from Trabzon to Kars

Here's another company that does Trabzon-Kars - http://www.igdirliturizm.com.tr/

Since they're based in Iğdır, I guess they might also get you to Iğdır and Doğubeyazıt.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight bus from Trabzon to Kars

From Iğdır there are regular local buses up to Doğubeyazit every 30 minutes or hourly.It is very hard to find exact time tables for local minibuses as they tend to run when they are ready/full in spite of any so called schedule :) but rest assured you won't have to wait long for any connections.

To go from D.B down to Van it is best to return to Iğdır or Ağrı rather than trying to bus hop.Again mini buses between the two are frequent.

Van to Adıyaman it is best to take a bus first to Diyarbakır and then pick up the local bus on to Adıyaman-or more likely to kahta,I guess you're heading to Nemrut :)

Buses are very frequent on that route.Best van Turizm and Star Diyarbakır Turizm cover the route at 09.00,11.30,15.00,17.00,18.00 and 23.00.Cost is 45TL.It takes 5½ hours and then you have another 3-4 hours from there to Adıyaman so ideally take either the 09.00.

As an alternative you could also take a bus to Şanlıurfa and then a local bus from there.Is Urfa on your visiting list?If it isn't it defo should be!

The same two bus co's cover the 8½ hour route for 60TL at 09.00,15.00,17.00,18.00 and 23.00.So with this you could travel overnight arriving at 07.30 and be in Kahta by c.10.00.

If you go that way around and then Nemrut you have an easy trip then up to Cappadocia if you're heading that way.Sorry,I'm getting ahead of you here :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight bus from Trabzon to Kars

Thank you Sarika and David. These are very helpful information. I was trying to reserve the bus ticket for Kahta.....they sell out fast!

6. Re: Overnight bus from Trabzon to Kars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Trabzon