We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa at airport

Isle of Man, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Visa at airport

is its easy to get visa at airport and do you need yellow fever certificate

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,390 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa at airport

It is very easy to get a Visa on arrival at EBB. Currently if arriving direct from a non endemic country you don't need a YF certificate. However if there is still time I would get the innoculation. It lasts ten years and saves hassle.

You will have to go to Nobles for it as your GP won't have the live vaccine.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa at airport

I was able to get my yellow fever inoculation at my GP, so it might be worth checking if they have it, to save the hassle of going somewhere else.

san francisco
Level Contributor
645 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa at airport

Haven't I heard of long lines to get a visa at Entebbe? Isn't it better to get one before leaving to save time upon arrival?

Bill

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,390 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa at airport

Hi Bill,

Since 2003 I have entered via EBB six times and never had to wait more than a small amount of time for a Visa.

I would never commit my Passport to the postal authorities if I could avoid it.

Better to stand even half an hour in line (your luggage won't be off the Carousel anyway.) than have your Passport go missing.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa at airport

As of this month, there is new exit and immigration procedure in place (ie, technology requiring finger print scanning) which is making the whole process longer than normal.

Now, when you arrive you are all channelled in the same queue, until you work out, rounding the corner, there is one for people requiring visas, and one for those who don't. All residents, can use all booths, even if non-Ugandan.

My daughter does not have a residence visa, and walked straight up to the visa counter and got through much faster than us! You can choose to pay in $50 or £30 and they will give you a receipt.

One way to get ahead is to sit forward in the plane, as far as you can....

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa at airport

PS, since 2007 I have never been asked for a YF certif, but if you are travelling to Tanz, or SA, you will definitely have to provide it.

You are supposed to have the vaccination. Although even with the recent outbreak of YF in the north, it didn't affect the behaviour of Customs (ie, effect a change). As a health care professional, I was very suprised at that, especially if you'd seen how they reacted with the outbreak of H1N1.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa at airport

Hi All,

I was just inquiring why all of a sudden you have introduced the finger printing system, is it for a short term period or permanet?

Please try to highlight me with this.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa at airport

What do you mean, "all of a sudden?" This is the Ugandan Immigration Service you are referring to, not a member of a travel advice site, sorry, am confused!

In the same way you have cameras taking your photo at Heathrow, and you don't have issue with it, then so you do at Entebbe.

I don't know what the issue is. It's just technology developing!

London
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa at airport

Hi Shelly

I was thinking it was Ug Immigration working together with Trip advisor but any way thanx for your reply regarding new technology.

Entebbe, Uganda
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa at airport

If you are a prone free country it's easy