We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla Safari

Bridge of Weir
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gorilla Safari

Hi All,

I plan to travel to Uganda in March and spend a week there. I am looking at going on a Gorilla trek and hoping that some experienced travelers to this part of the world will be able to help me with providing some details of reputable companies and rough costs for this type of excursion. I will have all flights etc.booked so it will simply be for the trek itself.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Evonne

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gorilla Safari

Contact AUTO members

Rates depend on the type of Accommodation you are interested in.

Normally lodges /hotels are grouped into Luxury-High end, Mid-range, Budget, and camping.

Kampala Uganda
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gorilla Safari

you can check out the trip reports in this section, there are many at the top of this forum, a lot of good and some bad. Like Uganda Safaris stated please make sure that any company you look at is affiliated with AUTO. A four day gorilla trek usually runs around 1 to 2,000 and is totally dependent on the accommodation... we did a four day and spent a small fortune, but were staying at some really high end lodges. Totally worth it. Lots of budget choices/ tents available though. Good luck!

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gorilla Safari

Can get assistance from AUTO Members. its always best if you book your flights and just give the company the details so that you are both on right track.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gorilla Safari

Hi Evonne

When you say "etc" booked, do you mean accommodation? It is entirely possible to have a private driver-only basis for safari/tour transport. Reputable operators can assist.

5. Re: Gorilla Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 December 2012, 10:05
Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gorilla Safari

Please NEXT TIME read the community guidelines before you post any thing on this forum. @ Cycads

brisbane
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gorilla Safari

I used wild frontiers which was in my package snd found our driver George very informative and you need someone that knows the roads and there conditions as they are a bit rough

I had a great Gorilla viewing,most accom is solar dependant

Leonine

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gorilla Safari

I know them too .They own some luxury camps in Uganda and Tanzania , good 4*4s and they have served in the tourism industry for long time...

Kampala
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gorilla Safari

Uganda has many reputable companies (check on tripadviser or AUTO),but what you should do is write to them and ask there costs this is determined by accommodation.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gorilla Safari

Not only auto members that provide professional services, there are many reputable companies that provide good service out side this private association. check with Trip adviser ,lonely planet or Google.you will come up with one company to use .