We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wire Transfers

Beaverton
Level Contributor
170 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Wire Transfers

So I've been reading Wild Frontiers has a pretty good reputation. So, it's ok for wire transfers? I hate doing these, but know they are regular practice for many overseas companies.

Kampala
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wire Transfers

The mostly and widely used method of payment in Africa is Wire transfer as opposed to other methods.

Credit cards are used on a small scale because the process takes long and the sur charges are relatively high.

The biggest number of Tour companies in Uganda use wire transfer payment method.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wire Transfers

I can guarantee you won't have problems with WF; highly-respected organisation.

Helston, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wire Transfers

You can pay using a visa card now days..

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wire Transfers

In some places you can, yes. But not petrol stations... (just had to drive to 2 ATMs to get money for petrol for my genny!)

But the TO wants payment up front; and I doubt they'd be keen for clients to go into their offices on arrival, too much faffery.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wire Transfers

You can do a part payment depending on how you your safari is planned and make the final payment on Arrival.

bust as it has been said. The best available option fro overseas payment to Africa is wire transfer.

6. Re: Wire Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:17