We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
safe
Save

I'm very sorry if this is asked always to the Ukrainian people

But is this region currently safe to visit?

Thank you

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
595 posts
1. Re: safe
Save

Yes

Kyiv
Level Contributor
22,702 posts
322 reviews
1,088 helpful votes
2. Re: safe
Save

Hi red_sam,

I was in the area in business recently, and it was fine. Any particular places you are looking into visiting there?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3. Re: safe
Save

Hi thanks for your info,

What it is my girlfriend lives in zaporizhya and I want to visit her, she's hearing very strong rumors the militants will head next for her region and won't let me visit her, so I'm simply seeking the nearest possible " safe" city

Oh that's also accessible!

Can't get to anywhere directly in ukraine without connecting flights from kiev you see!

Many thanks again

Kyiv
Level Contributor
22,702 posts
322 reviews
1,088 helpful votes
4. Re: safe
Save

Can't see why Zaporizhzhya is not okay to visit at the moment either.

It is, indeed, as I mentioned here in the forum earlier, one of the volatile areas potentially subject to destabilizing effects, but so far has been relatively quiet. Some rumors that you mention were, indeed, spread by their local (regional) media, but they have later refuted them, AFAIK. Trains and buses keep on running from Kyiv to Zaporizhzhya normally.

I didn’t stay in Zaporizhzhya this time, just drove through it on my way to Mariupol and had a dinner meet-up, but can’t say I felt any threat or unusual tension there. In any case, Dnepr is surely fine and is easy to get to/from Zaporizhzhya.

P.S. I’m not implying anything, but any chance there could be any other reason for your GF not allowing you to visit?.. ;)

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5. Re: safe
Save

Haha I can understand how that comes across, but she genuinely is so frightened about all this. I don't push her about it to much as I can only imagine how it must feel to have this all happening just a couple of hundred kilometres away

Ok.. That's great. You've been very helpful as usual

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: safe
Save

Hello,

As my question is almost the same, I will use this topic too :

In 3 weeks I intend to visit Kryvyï Rih and see my gf that lives over there, and she is a little worried about the fact that the situation could go wrong, so I would just like some confirmation that this area is secure and with the situation as a French citizent could the population have anything against me.

Thanks to anyone that can answer :)

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
12,330 posts
150 reviews
75 helpful votes
7. Re: safe
Save

My wife is in Ukraine at the moment in Nikolaev.

At the weekend she was in Krivoy Rog visiting family and she said that it was very peaceful and quiet.

As for being French why would anyone have anything against you?

You will know that everyday Ukrainians are some of the most friendly of people you would ever wish to meet.

At the moment I get the feeling that the only people they don't like are the Russians!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
22,702 posts
322 reviews
1,088 helpful votes
8. Re: safe
Save

Hi Asthannoln and welcome to Ukraine forum! Also thanks for all of your helpful contributions so far :)

Believe it or not, but I'm just back from Kirovograd (and Cherkassy) oblasts and have been to Kryviy Rih, Kirovohrad, Znamenka and quite a few of other places all over the region.

Now there's not a sign of any tension there, wherever I've been to; all safe and quiet as usual. The only signs of the current times (and the changes since my last visit there) are the bridges painted in yellow and blue (our national flag colours), the signs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putin_khuilo! in most unexpected places and many demolished Soviet monuments (largely Lenin's).

As for you being French, while most "advanced" Ukrainians are indeed not at all happy with The Mistral saga (if this is where your concerns are coming from), I don't think many people (if any at all) would associate it with French people in general and/or have anything to do with it on a personal level.

Edited: 9 years ago
Kyiv
Level Contributor
22,702 posts
322 reviews
1,088 helpful votes
9. Re: safe
Save

Btw, have also been to Kharkiv area recently.. Now this is the one I'd be a bit cautious about. Nothing but a gut feeling so far, but the tension is sort of in the air there - in my opinion/perception, of course.

Wish with all my heart I was wrong.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
8 helpful votes
10. Re: safe
Save

I am in Kiev today. All peaceful here. Flights in and out are good.

I wish they would clean up the tires and barricades... enough already!!

I need to ask about Donetsk region. That is where my gf lives. She and her parents are also terrified and will not travel without a ceasefire. I however am a stubborn American and believe that the trains are running fine between Mariupol and Kiev. And a hired car from Mariupol to location in small village South of Donetsk is reasonably safe.

Any thoughts??

Get answers to your questions about Dnipro
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.