We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simferopol to Odessa Overnight train

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Simferopol to Odessa Overnight train

Hi

I'm searching for correct overnight train schedules from Simferopol to Odessa overnight.

It's for Oct 14rh 2012.

Is it either dep 19:35 - arr 8:10

or

dep 17:05 arr 4:13????

Obviously arriving at 4:13 is not ideal.

Many thanks,

Nathan

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simferopol to Odessa Overnight train

Hi Nathan and welcome to Ukraine forum!

According to UkrRailways (UZ), so far you have two train options for October, one of them overnight:

#310 Tavriya leaving Simferopol'-Pas at 17:05 arriving to Odesa-Hol (main station) at 04:46

http://tinyurl.com/bojg7u6

I'd recommend you to also check the time-table when the summer is over (say, mid-Sep); seasonal changes are possible.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simferopol to Odessa Overnight train

What are my train options for September 7, 2013? How many trains?

Can I get to the train from the airport? How much is a taxi?

Are buses a good idea to go from Simferopol to Odessa? or are trains better?

Should foreigners buy online or locally?

Thank you for your time.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simferopol to Odessa Overnight train

You can check timetables - and buy tickets online - at the Ukrainian Railways website:

http://booking.uz.gov.ua/en/

I just had a quick look and there were two trains that I could see on that day. (Odesa-Holovna is the central railway station, by the way!)

Make sure that, once you've selected your berth, you click "Buy" instead of "Book" so that you can pay for it immediately online using a credit card. You will have to print your confirmation page/voucher and take it with you to the railway station to get a "proper" ticket prior to travel - it shouldn't take very long. We did this recently in Odessa and were in the queue for about 20 minutes all up. We did your trip in reverse - Odessa to Simferopol - and thought it was great. Slept well, arrived reasonably refreshed (but we travelled in a first-class cabin with two berths).

For more advice about train travel in Ukraine and buying train tickets, go to the Ukraine forum page (here: www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294473-i3662-Ukraine.html) and look to the top right of the page. Under the heading "Top Questions about Ukraine", you'll find FAQ: Train Travel in Ukraine - click on that and the links that will appear should answer most of your questions!

4. Re: Simferopol to Odessa Overnight train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2016, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Simferopol
More Simferopol Topics