We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interpreter, and rent a car with a driver, how do I do?

Skellefteå
4 posts
Save Topic
Interpreter, and rent a car with a driver, how do I do?

Hello, I am soon going to visit Crimea. I wonder if the best option is to rent a car from Taxi company for 70 hryvna/hour, one company has that price, or if there are realible other companies that have better options, I have heard that one can hire a car and a driver for $50 for a whole day, but I do not know what company it is. To rent only a car, and drive is not recommended because dangerous trafic, and it cost 40% more, I have been told. I am thankful for some advise.

I also wonder if there are any interpreters (Russain- English) that can help some hours/day at realistic price. I guess there are no interpreters who speak Swedish?

What is the most interesting places to go in Crimea, the cable way to A-montain? Is it safe? Or the craves, or Yalta?

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interpreter, and rent a car with a driver, how do I do?

Hi maxiyachts-big-deal :) Good to see you again in the forum.

I can’t comment on the prices in Crimea - much depend on the season you are travelling in. Hope Crimea residents will be more helpful here.

As for renting a car, have a look at this earlier thread where I’ve shared my opinion on pros tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294473-i3662-k579… (post #10) and contras (post #11) tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294473-i3662-k579… of self-driving in Crimea. Hope it helps you to make up your mind.

What is "A-montain", please? Ai-Petri, I assume? And "the craves", please?

The cable way to/from Ai Petri is not really nerve-tickling, in my opinion. But I guess it might seem a bit dodgy to some. So if you are not in for strong emotions in change for terrific views, you might want to use the car instead to get up to the mountain (this, however, can either be hard or not possible in winter).

As for the interesting places in Crimea, and what is it that interests you in the first place? Tastes differ, and what interests some can be boring to the others.

May I suggest that you, please, first look through the earlier recommended places to see in Crimea that I summarised earlier today in my post #6 here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k640… Then come back to the forum if you need more ideas, but let us know your travel interests, please.

Edited: 20 April 2013, 22:56
Skellefteå
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interpreter, and rent a car with a driver, how do I do?

Hello and thank you for the information. Excuse bad English, I mean the caves, there are many different, can you recommend any, for example the Marble cave? Yes it was the Ai Petri mountain I mean. The view seem to be interesting. I also like the seashore , and nature views, (Yalta seems to have very dramatic nature) and also want to see some historical places. I think Nikita garden can be beautiful in spring, also Balaklava. Is it not a big botanical garden even in Simferopol? Can The Alupka Museum be the most interesting museum in Crimea?

3. Re: Interpreter, and rent a car with a driver, how do I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 April 2013, 21:35
Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interpreter, and rent a car with a driver, how do I do?

Ah all right, no problem at all :)

Well, in my opinion that many would probably disagree with, Crimean caves are not the most fascinating. Out of great many options, the most visited are perhaps Marble Cave, also the nearby Emine-Bair-Khosar Cave in Chatyr-Dag, and Kyzyl Koba (Red Cave) between Simferopol and Alushta. Also have a look at Skelska Cave near Rodnikovoe village. If you are into caves, consider seeing any of these.

But also, please, research Crimean cave cities or monasteries – you might be interested in visiting some of them, too or instead. Chufut-Kale, Mangup-Kale, Eski-Kermen, Tepe-Kermen, Kachi-Kalyon are just a few worth mentioning.

Yes, Nikita Botanic garden is a very nice place to visit. It is well maintained and even has an English web-site http://www.nbgnsc.com/en

And right you are: Simferopol does have the so-called Salgirka Park – Botanic Gardens of V.I. Vernadskiy Taurida National University http://www.tnu.crimea.ua/str_praz/bot_sad/ and tnu.crimea.ua/str_praz/bot_sad/pitomnik.html (in Russian).

By Alupka Museum, do you have in mind Vorontsov Palace, please?

In my opinion, it is, indeed, one of the places that deserve to be seen in the southern Crimea, but I’m not sure if it can be called THE most interesting Crimea museum. There are too many museums in Crimea, and they are all too different. Say, those in love with literature or art might only care to visit “Chekhov spots”, or Voloshin or Aivazovskiy museums; those fond of Russian Empire history would prefer Tsar family places to Soviet military museums or ancient archaeological sites. So THE museum would be different for different people :) But then again, Vorontsov Palace is a lovely place. I especially love walking around its park, and getting down to the seashore from there.

As for the other places to see in Crimea, I again would ask you to please refer to my earlier post #6 mentioned above. There were lots of places of interest mentioned, and I hope you find it helpful, too.

Enjoy your research! :)

5. Re: Interpreter, and rent a car with a driver, how do I do?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:35
6. Re: Interpreter, and rent a car with a driver, how do I do?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2016, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Simferopol
Recent Conversations
More Simferopol Topics