We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uzhhorod to Kremenchuk

Which Uzhhorod hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Uzhhorod to Kremenchuk

Hello,

I will be traveling in Ukraine and need to get from Uzhhorod to Kremenchuk. There is a good chance I will be traveling with some Ukrainians from Uzhhord. I am assuming the train will be our best bet. Has anyone on the forum made this trip before? How long does it take and what is the frequency of the trains. Any ideas about what to expect would be helpful!

Thanks,

2 replies to this topic
Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Uzhhorod to Kremenchuk

There is no direct train - shortest route would be taking train #13L - leaving Uzhgorod 21:45 daily - arriving to station Romodan at 17:58 next day (appr 20 hrs on the way). From there - number of trains available to Kremenchuk (should be also buses) - distance - about 120km - so - 2.5-4 hrs on the way (depening of train/bus).

More logical would be going with same #13L to Poltava (arriving 19:57 - 22 hrs on the way) - nice city - worth seeing - from there 110 km to Kremenchuk - again should be enough trains/buses.

Other possible route - via Kyiv - several trains - about 17 hrs from Uzhgorod - plus 4:30 hrs on #174 Kyiv-Kremenchuk - leaving Kyiv 15:59.

One more smart choise - train from Uzhgorod to Lviv (7 hrs) - from there - direct #128 to Kremenchuk - leaving 12:00 (odd dates only) - arriving 5:30 next day - 17:30 hrs on route.

Edited: 04 February 2011, 22:54
Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uzhhorod to Kremenchuk

Hi Pete! Welcome to Ukraine forum :)

Fantastic tips above by Lvivtravel!

As for what to expect traveling by train in Ukraine, you might care to read this tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294473-c131482/Ukrai…

Have a great trip!

Edited: 05 February 2011, 15:06
Reply to: Uzhhorod to Kremenchuk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uzhhorod