We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freak weather in Al Ain?

Which Al Ain hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
172 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Freak weather in Al Ain?

Hi

I have heard that the weather is pretty bad in Al Ain at the moment, horrendous winds, thunder and lightening, lashing down with rain. There are apparently road closures and trees uprooted from the wind. Anyone else heard anything?

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Freak weather in Al Ain?

Haven't heard anything but it wouldn't surprise me - had a not so lovely sand storm here about an hour ago (6pm ish). Al Ain does get some extreme weather occasionally because of proximity to the mountains.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Freak weather in Al Ain?

Just seen this:

gulfnews.com/nation/Environment/10233009.html

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Freak weather in Al Ain?

thanks for the prompt response, we have friends out in Al Ain at the moment, they will be gutted with the weather forecast.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Freak weather in Al Ain?

That is a bit freaky alright.

I lived there for a year and it did rain a little bit in August but it certainly wasn t bad.

In winter it rained one day but it was non stop.

It does get freezing in the winter Jan-feb. I couldn t believe it but I was wearing layers into school some days.

Its so strange because its not snowing or frost or cold as we know it in ireland but I just couldn t take how cold Al Ain got!

5. Re: Freak weather in Al Ain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 02:17