We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah.....All inclusive or Half board

Which Ras Al Khaimah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Ras Al Khaimah.....All inclusive or Half board

I am intending to go to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah at the end of November with my 2 kids (age 5 & 10yrs) with Virgin Holidays.

I would appreciate any advice on whether to book All Inclusive or Half Board.The difference between these two is around £700 so wondered if going All inclusive is well worth it??? or just Half board will be ok.

Also does this hotel do daily complimentary shuttle to any of the Malls.

thank you

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Ras Al Khaimah.....All inclusive or Half board

In the whole of Ras Al Khaimah there is maybe 2 resturants that tourists would want to eat at - outside the big hotels. There is no tourist promenade with bars, no plaza de resturants, no toursit scene whatsoever - its just an ethnic Arabic working city - the Hilton is as good as it gets so go all inclusive.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Ras Al Khaimah.....All inclusive or Half board

I'm with Harrypic on this one. Also if you go half board it means you will have to pay for your drinks including water and soft drinks. A 1.5 ltr of water will cost you 20dhm and a small can of coke/sprite the same. Don't even think about a bottle of wine!!!!!!

Yes, they run a shuttle bus to Manar Mall. There are 2 other malls in Ras al Khaimah but Manar Mall is about as good as it gets (for Ras al Khaimah)!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Ras Al Khaimah.....All inclusive or Half board

There's a feature about RAK in this week's Time Out Dubai:

timeoutdubai.com/travel/features/18609-local…

Information given in the paper article but not on-line includes:

SAI Jazira Aviation Club (flights by appointment)

www.jac-uae.net

07 244 4616

Haunted House: to find it go right at KFC r/a in RAK with KFC on your right. Continue on this road until you see the Emirates petrol station on your right.

Iceland Waterpark:

www.icelandwaterpark.com

800 969 725

England
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Ras Al Khaimah.....All inclusive or Half board

We have just returned and would advise you to go all inclusive as the drinks are really expensive (I think it was aprox £5.00 for a pint of beer and £3.00 for a can of coke)

It was a godsend to us, not to worry about how much it was going to cost each time we wanted to have a drink and as you have children, the cost can soon add up.

Hope this helps.

5. Re: Hilton Ras Al Khaimah.....All inclusive or Half board

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 06:16