We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

Which Ras Al Khaimah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stockton on tees
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

Hello we are family of 2adults 3kids (7,7,8) looking at booking the hilton in June.

I'm in two minds about the rooms, we have price for deluxe terrace or pay extra for the villa pool views. It's not a big difference in price.

Before I make up my mind I wanted to know where is the kids pool with the slide and is it more convenient staying in the deluxe rooms in the main hotel to have access to the restaurants?

I have read the villas are lovely but are they really that far out to walk back to the main building for the main meals? Are the standards in both rooms just the same?

Any information would be much appreciated ;0)

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

The villas stretch along the beach from the main hotel to the Lighthouse bar at the far end. The villas with a pool view are nearer the far end. The pool here is next to the Dhow Bar which is handy for drinks and snacks. The pool is around 4.5 feet deep and although not massive is perfect for children of your childrens ages. The beach is also a few steps away. There are also villas set back from the beach that overlook another pool so you would need to clarify which ones you are being offered. If you are at this end of the beach breakfast can be taken at the Lighthouse bar. It would take around 6 or 7 minutes to walk from here to the main hotel. The pool with the slide is only a "splash pool" and the slide is not overly exciting. It is contained within a small park type area and an adult must be in attendance. The slide is also near a large childrens pool which has a walk-in entrance and a "mushroom shower". Nearby is also a large saltwater pool that many children do not seem to like. There are golf type buggies that shuttle betwee the main hotel to the villas so I would think your children may enjoy catching one of these to and fro for the meals. Just a word on the villas. Be aware that they are not individual villas. There are four apartments in each villa with 2 on the ground floor and 2 on the upper floor. The upper flor villas have a balcony and the lower a small patio and a grassy area to sit on. The villa end of the resort can feel a little more "select" as day visitors from the Hiltons two other hotels in RAK are only allowed to use the main hotel end of the resort.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 05:16
stockton on tees
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

Thank you swrxp47 for the info on the hotel, I'm still in two minds.

My children are not into the beach so having beach front villa wouldn't be important to us. Looking at the map I don't want the villas in the middle stretch of the beach.

Would you say the villas are of better standard than the hotel rooms? Space is not important either as we will only be in the rooms to sleep.

Do you know how much it would be to upgrade from hotel room to villa once there?

The price difference from deluxe terrace to villa is about £135 for 14days which is not a big difference once u break it down. Just want to make the right choice.

Thank you

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

Hi mumof3. Sorry, can't comment on the rooms as I am a social member and have never stayed overnight. There was a thread on here a short while ago that seemed to indicate that the villas were only two bedrooms. As you say the villas in the middle are in a bit of a no-mans land but it would only be a 3/4 minute walk either way although this could be a warm walk in June! Not sure on the upgrade cost either. I am not there this weekend but will be back early next week if you want me to enquire.

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

Hello swrxp47,

I've finally booked the holiday and opted for the villa rooms! :D

We have requested a room near the pools and restaurants for the kids, hope we get it. The buggy ride should entertain them too!

I was told the walk is only short but when the weather is hot its unbearable, how would u describe the heat? Hot and humid, or dry hot? We were at Cuba last year June and it was an unbearable hot humid weather so if dubai is anything like that I think we can cope.

Thank you for offering your help, much appreciated. Just counting down the days now :)

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

I am sure you will have a great time. When you live here all year round it is difficult to comment on the weather! What would seem cold to me would be pleasantly warm for someone fresh from the UK. For me the weather is a pleasant 35 at the moment! June is hot and normally signals the end of my golf season but the real humidity does not kick in until July/August. Make sure you all have beach footwear as the paths (and sand) gets really hot. See you at the Dhow Bar:).

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

We are all looking forward to our visit,

And u say 35 is pleasant? Thats scorching lol but anything is better than our British weather!

I'm now trying to plan excursions is there anything u could suggest that kids would like, I know there's the water parks. Would u say RAK has anything to walk about and look at? Or are we literally stuck on the resort?

Look forward to seeing u at the dhow bar, u certainly won't miss me and my kids ;0)

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

I have to put my and on my heart and be honest and say that apart from sun, sea and sand, RAK does not offer much up for kids.. The local shopping mall (Manar Mall) has a "fun zone" where there isan amusement type place.The resort runs a shuttle bus herein the evenings. There is a waterpark in RAK called "Iceland" which looks good but is a bit of a let down. A little further down the road is an older but much nicer waterpark called "Dreamland". It is much nicer for families and I am sure your kids (and you) would have a nice day there. Not sure if the hotel provides transport but a taxi would be around 50AED.

I hope you realise that RAK is over one hour from Dubai but I would recommend at least one trip to Dubai Mall where you can see the indoor aquarium, fountains and shops shops and more shops.

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

Thank you for your honest opinion on RAK, but is the town still nice and pretty enough to walk and see things?

I ask because I took the kids to Cuba last year and that was an eye opener for them.

I chose RAK because it came up as an affordable beach holiday in dubai and knowing virgin do a free trip to dubai city we are happy to visit there once or maybe even twice, and with 3 kids I have to do all inclusive, the amount they like to eat and drink!

We, (well mainly me) are after a nice relaxing holiday, and I'm sure we will get that at the hilton RAK.

You seem to know a lot about the hotel and area so if I ever need to know anything I can ask u now :D

Thank you

Lesley

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

Once again I put my hand on my heart and have to say that RAK/pretty are not two words that go together well! It is going to hot to do too much walking but at the viila end of the resort is an exit that a 10 minute walk will take you to a fishing "village" where you can see the shocking conditions that the asian workers/fishermen live in. You will also see men repairing fishing/crab nets and may be lucky to see the catch being landed. This is in stark contrast to some of the luxury villas that are springing up around the hotel. There is nothing else of interest within walking distance. A taxi ride will take you to the "old town" and in particular Kuwati Street where ther are souks. Evening time would be best for this. also nice for an evening would be to take a taxi to the Corniche which runs along the side of the creek. This area is very popular in the evenings with local families picniking and enjoying the cooler air..

RAK can appear a little bit duanting to some people but I can assure you it is very safe.

Edited: 28 April 2013, 08:34
stockton on tees
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't decide deluxe terrace or villa pool view at hilton RAK

It sounds like there's enough to see in RAK, and I'm sure it can be as nice and interesting as we make it ourselves, I don't expect the glitz and glamour of dubai city.

Another reason we are taking this trip out to Dubai is a future job prospect for my husband (not actually in RAK) and I know a holiday and living out there is a different experience, so seeing more how local families live will be interesting.

Other than that the hotel must be lovely if you are a regular social member :)