We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips

Which Ras Al Khaimah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Trips

Hi, we are going to Rixos Bab al Bahr for 1 week in July and are wondering if anyone can recommend a good company that offers day trips?

Looking to do some of the sights, shopping, a boat trip and possibly a hot air trip?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips

All the things you mention will need to be done outside of Ras al-Khaimah which is basically geared up for rest and relaxation. For your shopping and hot air experience you will need to go to Dubai. Your boat trip can be done in either Dubai or north to Oman on the Mussandam peninsular. I am sure the hotel will have tour suggestions on site but have a look on the Dubai forum for hot air operators and for a boat trip to Mussandam I can recommend Khasab Travel and Tours.

Bansko, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah, Bansko
Level Contributor
947 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips

What kind of shopping were you planning on? If it's souvenirs then it's much cheaper in RAK than Dubai to buy them. If it's brand names, a day trip to Mirdif City Centre on the outskirts of Dubai (RAK side) should satisfy most shoppers, alternatively there are a few malls in RAK where you will find branded names, jewellery, carpets and local goods. Besides the Mussandam boat trip mentioned, there is also the Blue Boat that departs from Al Hamra Marina on the week-ends but not sure if it will be going in July, due to the high temperature. I'm not aware of any hot air balloon trips in RAK or Dubai.

Have a look at the RAK tourism website also for idea: www.rasalkhaimahtourism.com and raklinx website.

Fee

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips

http://www.ballooning.ae

Mirdif is Ok and convenient for RAK dwellers but unless a visitor wanted to walk around Debenhams or other usual suspects found in any UK shopping centre I could not recommend it.

4. Re: Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:17