We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to remember the name of wool store in Colonia

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
482 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to remember the name of wool store in Colonia

This is kind of a long shot, but I was in Colonia in 2007 and found this fabulous little store in the historic area that sold the most amazing woven scarfs, shawls, and clothing. They were made with the typical thick and colorful Uruguayan yarns. I bought my mother a shawl from there and she absolutely loves it. She regularly tells me how people stop her on the street to ask about it.

I'm going back in a few months and want to know if this store is still open but I can't remember the name.

I can remember the store clearly, it had a little counter by the door and to the left there were piles of scarves and left of that there were shawls on hangers. This was a higher end store comparatively yet the items were well priced.

Does anyone know the store I refer to?

Colonia del...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to remember the name of wool store in Colonia

Hello, there are many stores of wool, i can tell you that there is a fameuos one call "la oveja negra" the black sheep, and other in the corner of Manuel Lobo and Ituzaingo, I work around that place, let me konw if I can help you more.

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
513 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to remember the name of wool store in Colonia

Higher end store, sounds like "Manos del Uruguay", they´ve got scarfs, etc. Then the descriptions also matches with Urulans, also Black sheep as mentioned, all of them are only 5 minutes away from each other, so you´ll probably find yours. Good luck!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
482 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to remember the name of wool store in Colonia

Zerpaconcept I think you got it. I'm 99% sure it's Manos del Uruguay!

I just checked their website and remember the logo.

Thank you and Claudio so much!

They truly had some of the nicest wool and silk blended yarn items I've ever seen.

4. Re: Trying to remember the name of wool store in Colonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Colonia del Sacramento