We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Plan to take noon time ferry from BA to Colonia del Sacramento on a Friday morning in September, by Buquebus or Seacat.

If our bus arrive early from Iguazu, can we change to depart BA earlier, said around 9 am if seats available, any surcharge?

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
514 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

They are quite flexible. Since the ticket you will change is before the trip, you, wont have any extra charge.

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Thanks, zerpaconcept.

People always said the ferry ride between BA and Colonia is like Hong Kong and Macau, I look forward for the chance to confirm that.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Have been on the ferry site in English, when I go to try to reserve for January 2014, it goes to spanish and I don't know what is being stated? Help! There must be a way to pre-order two tickets to Colonia del Sacramento. Maybe I need to wait a couple of months and it will come out then?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,042 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Not sure how you managed to search for January 14. It doesn't look like is available yet. However, searching for October, I see that the title header of the different rates is in Spanish. What you have is the price is Argentinian pesos , first column is a discounted fare; second column, flexible fare; third column, first class; fourth column a special first class fare if available. The last two columns is for people who are taking a car.

Silvia

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

If you absolutely cannot navigate the site, I wouldn't freak out about it.

I took the ferry between BA and Colonia on my last trip. I went during one of the busiest times too. I didn't want to get stuck in a reservation so I simply showed up at the dock and bought a ticket at the counter. It was slightly more expensive, but there was plenty of room (these ferries are HUGE). Showed up and within an hour I was on my way.

(Wouldn't try this if you're taking a vehicle though.)

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Have been trying to book ferry for Jan 5th, not able to how early can you purchase for the ferry. Also it kept switching bavk to Spanish

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Thanks for your help. Will go back to their site in. Nov.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Thanks for your help. Will go back to their site in. Nov.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

Another option, and the one I greatly prefer, is to wait to finalize your plan until you are closer to the date...this way you can have a close-in weather report - and avoid spending a potentially miserable day on the river and/or in Colonial. There are easy to negotiate, in-town BQB offices; ask at your hotel for directions. Enjoy the visit.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry from Bueno Aires, can I switch time?

I am currently in buenos aires and want to take the ferry to colonia uruguay. what is the best way to do this?

Get answers to your questions about Colonia del Sacramento