We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonia Express Day Tours

Poland
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Colonia Express Day Tours

I'm looking for a day tour to Colonia, and it seems that Colonia Express has some affordable trips. Does anyone know if they are in English? I was looking into their premium one which includes a city tour and dinner. Is it worth it, or just better off to arrange it separate ($455 ARS + taxes pp for the day trip with dinner and tour vs $238 + taxes for just the ferry)? There will be 2 of us.

Mentioned in this post
Colonia Express
Colonia Express
359 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
515 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colonia Express Day Tours

I´d take the whole package, because in Colonia everything is very expensive, specially the food. The tour is a 1 hour walking tour, and the guide talks in spanish and english if there are passengers needing so..

If the price for the ferry includes also the tour but not the lunch, you can always find a place to choose among several restaurants in a wide range of prices, from the food cart, like a chivito or a hamburger for 5 USD to the finest restaurant.

Poland
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colonia Express Day Tours

Thanks.

I double checked with Colonia Express and the tours are also in English. We went with the 1/2 day one (trip plus tour) as the 830am departure is a tad early on a Sunday (we would do it on Monday but it was all sold out).

that would give us a bit of site-seeing and we will just ask the guide for a good, local spot to eat.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Colonia Express
Colonia Express
359 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colonia Express Day Tours

Hi! I advise You Not to take the tours with this company its the worst, check a little on internet!

4. Re: Colonia Express Day Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Colonia del Sacramento
Recent Conversations