We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flood

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Flood

Please tell me if it wise Travelling to Hoi An in November.I have heard that there is a risk of flooding during this month?

7 replies to this topic
Wangaratta...
Level Contributor
655 posts
65 reviews
38 helpful votes
1. Re: Flood

Yes there is a risk of flooding in Nov/Dec, but the whole town is not flooded, pick your accommodation on high ground

if you want to be sure and go and enjoy with your brolly ☂️ there is plenty to do and see even if it is flooded 👍👍

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: Flood

November is the middle of the rain season with its peak being early november,(with heavy storms coming in sometimes), but how bad it really gets, will depend on the circumstances. Last year was disastrous, the year before was also terrible, but the years before 2016, you could easily go there if you were not afraid of a little rain from time to time.

My advice would always be to decide spontaneously. Planning ahead is risky.

Edited: 16 October 2018, 13:54
Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
3. Re: Flood

Will consider it.Thank you Ken.

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
4. Re: Flood

You are right.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
85 reviews
94 helpful votes
5. Re: Flood

Very easy ! Before you go, you type "Meteo Hoi An" on Googles, then click on "Accuweather", and you decide accordingly. No need for advance reservations at that period

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
6. Re: Flood

Genial.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
24 reviews
8 helpful votes
7. Re: Flood

It's not flooded every year, so just check the weather before you go there. As far as I know it's only flooded if there is a storm and yes, not the whole town is in flood.

Reply to: Flood
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted