We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

Hi

Trying to decide which one of the above to book - similar pricing. Want a beachfront property. What is your opinion. Which one is more modern ?

Does anyone know if the buffet breakfast is overlooking the ocean on either of these properties ?

Thanks

los angeles
Level Contributor
457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

Have you read the reviews? There is a lot of detailed information in both the reviews and by doing a word searh for the two properties on this forum.

I did not see Palm Garden, but others have commented it has a nicer pool.

We were in a beachfront unit a few weeks ago at Victoria Hoi An and absolutely LOVED it. The beachfront units are currently being renovated. If you ask the reservations department they will tell you if the refurbished units will be ready when you are traveling. We were in a unit prior to refurbishment and it was in great shape. However, a friend had a unit that had some peeling paint and other minor cosmetic issues.

The breakfast was either in the dining room or outside. You could see the sea in the distance (not a great distance, but the pool is between the dining area and the sea). You could probably bring your breakfast over to the pool area where there are tables adjacent to the sea. BTW, the buffet breakfast is excellent.

The Victoria is a very nice property -- great pool and facilities.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

I vote for Victoria resort. Although both resorts are nice & good location, Victoria service is better

Cheers!

sydney
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

We visited friends staying at the palm garden and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! I had decided to stay in the town as we live on the beach in sydney but if i was to go back to hoi an it would be high on my list to stay there. The victoria is an older hotel

ju;ie

Brisbane
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

Elisa we just returned to Brissie from Hoi An on 11th Aug. We stayed at the Victoria and found it to be quite stunning. Food was spectacular and locals kept telling us that the Victoria was the best in the area.

They have a free shuttle bus service to and from the town centre and will issue a timetable when you register.

There is a great pool overlooking the beach. We will definitely go back there next year.

The only fly in the ointment was there were not enough Aussies staying there. Plenty of rude French people and a few Spaniards whom we couldnt get to talk, but we highly recommend the Victoria.

Mooloolaba...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

Hello Elisa

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the gorgeous Palm Garden Resort at the beginning of this month. We loved everything about it!! (which is more than we can say for any of the other places we stayed at during our 3 weeks in Vietnam!)

The accomodation was new and fabulously pristine; the service exceptional; all staff, including the miriad of gardeners, were delightfully friendly; the pool was lovely, if somewhat tepid.....erch! You are looking for beachfront, and Palm Garden's private beach is magnificent.

The buffet breakfast does not overlook the ocean, sadly. The food however, was more than wonderful.

Unfortunately, Eliza, we cannot comment on the Victoria as we didn't even see it. Cannot, however, speak highly enough of Palm Garden.

We came away from Vietnam feeling that, when it comes to looking after their tourists, especially from the aspect of serving with a view to repeat custom and understanding the importance of word of mouth recommendation, many in Vietnam have a lot to learn. Palm Garden is the exception to that.

Can't wait to hear how you enjoy it!

Cheers -

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

Stayed at Palm Garden on my first visit to Hoi An. The layout is very different from other hotels and the beachfront accommodations are amongst the best I have ever stayed in due to the open air bath room. The service was also second to none.

Sorry can't comment on the Victoria, though!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

Ray, this is the 2nd time you have made reference to the fact that a place was less enjoyable because there were not enough Aussies there?? Why would that matter when you are visiting other countries??

I'm having 2 nts at the Victoria Hoi An beach resort and 2 in town in October and welcome chatting to French, Thai, Indian , Greek , whatever.

Brisbane
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

Linda: Fair comment however you miss my point I think. We love mixing with and talking with other nationalities. The Vietnamese were wonderful if you engage them as equals and tell them how much you have enjoyed their country etc. We attempted on several occasions to engage the other people I mentioned but only ONE even bothered to even acknowledge us, and they were also condescending in the extreme to the Vietnamese people, treating them very poorly. Hence my referring to them as "rude". No manners or even friendliness whatsoever.

This didnt detract from how much we enjoyed our trip experiences, just surprised and disappointed us. Our hope is that next time we visit there will be more open and friendly people there. We met some really nice English people at Hoi An which I did fail to mention. My apologies if you were at all offended by my poor expression.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

A bit late, but didn't see this reply before.

I know what you mean now Ray, it can be off putting when you continually smile and nod hallo at people who merely scowl, grunt and turn their head.

I'm a habitual smiler when I travel. :) :) :)

10. Re: Palm Garden or Victoria Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 04:18