We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March weather in Hoi An

Inver Grove...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
March weather in Hoi An

We intend spending 10 days in the Hoi An area in mid-March partly visiting places of interest but also for some relaxing on beach / sunbathing.

We are seriously looking for VERY HOT SUNNY (no clouds, no rain, 90+ F) weather. I have seen that it's only in the 85 range during this time.

Can someone share some actual experiences?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March weather in Hoi An

I've been there twice in March and never saw rain once. In '08 it was very pleasant, but in '09 I was sweating buckets. You can't ask for better weather than March, IMHO. March is also good because high season is over, and it's not teeming with tourists. Be sure to include a few days in Hanoi as well - Paris of Asia.

HoiAn
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March weather in Hoi An

the hottest season from May to Sep in Hoi An, but recently the hotel nearly start early on March because the climate changed.

No much raining in March, but this season is high tourist season in Hoi an, remember to book a hotel room soon.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
884 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March weather in Hoi An

hoiantravel, I thought high season in Hoi An is Dec-Feb?

California
Level Contributor
685 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March weather in Hoi An

March is hot and humid, but from my experiences certainly not the high tourist season. Prices are lower and I never encountered an overflow of tour groups, especially in Hoi an. The most crowded place I ever went anywhere in Vietnam was the Cu Chi Tunnels. As bad as Angkor Wat with the tour buses. Never experienced rain in March or April or May, but high heat and humidity (by Southern California standards) which makes a really good excuse for more beer drinking.

5. Re: March weather in Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 06:23