We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoes

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Shoes

I have a favourite pair of Naturalizers, very high heel and the straps are made of stretch elastic and patent leather....I suppose a bit Grecian looking. Doe's anyone know if shoes can be made in Hoi An with stretch elastic strap and patent leather or do they only use leather. Many thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoes

No! I don't think so.

The shoes are a bit funny looking, just not quite right.

Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoes

Try ROMAN on 02B Nguyen Hue Street.

I made some heels there (very pleased with them) and a leather bag. And while looking through sample material the owner showed me briefly some patent leather and plastics that she was not very keen on me using as they are cheaper than real leather. Do make clear to her you would like a copy of the Naturalizers down to the detail before committing.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoes

Try Bale Shoes, ask for Kim - she is delightful and is the retailer and manufacturer. Whatever you do dont go the shoe shop next door they are a rip off. Have known Kim for many years and she makes terrific shoes. Take the ones you want copied if you can fit them in .

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoes

Do you have a street address for Bale Shoes please?

Mornington...
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoes

Bale - 720 Hai Ba Trung St, its at the top end of le Loi. The shop 2 doors up Trinh 95 makes beautifully cut linen pants, I have been going there for years as well

Flinders Island...
Level Contributor
60 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoes

Hi Thankyou so much for your wonderful info. Re the shoes and linen pants, can you give me a round about costing please. I am travelling to Hoi An in May and will be there 4 days , is this enough time?

Thanks

Larnie

Mornington...
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoes

Trinhs shop ( 2 doors from Bale) usually costs about $12-15us depending on length and size, she doesnt have much on display but they are a good cut with whatever trin you like. Takes about 2 days if you need a fitting, could be quicker if they fit first time. time but make it your first stop. Try Viet Lac for fantastic goerge Jenson jewellery, great food in the back courtyard,51 phan boi chau st. enjoy

R C
France
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shoes

Maybe try to see at Friendly Shop, 18 Tran Phu Street. They can do manything for you.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shoes

Well we went to the shoe shop you recommended and are having 2 pairs made, went to the jewellers you also recommended and bought a necklace and having a ring made for $35 !!! (where can you get a ring made for that price anywhere else in the world) and then we went to the restaurant you recommended and had the best food we have had in Vietnam so far!! thanks :-)

10. Re: Shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2011, 09:35