We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silk Road Tailor address please

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Silk Road Tailor address please

Can anyone provide me with address for "Silk Road" - Tailors in Hoi An.

Much appreciated

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

dear there,

I don't remember the address for Silk Road Tailors, but that one located at the corner of Phan Chau Trinh - Hai Ba Trung Str., oposite to the Buddha Pagoda.

Good luck

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

Thanks so much, will check it out.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

Hi Mandaroo,

We are visiting Ha Noi for the first time next June so I'm not speaking with actual experience, however; maybe others can give more informed opinions on the outlets for silk that we have decided to visit (in no particular order, but clustered in proximity):

Firstly, Silk Road that you asked about.... apparently there are several outlets and we thought of visiting - 96, Hàng Gai, Q.Hoàn Kiếm (04) 3825 4237.

Our research on Silk Road gave us information that it was after the tourist dollar.

Close to the Hang Gai Silk road is Cửa Hàng Công Silk (F Silk) 86, Hàng Gai, Q.Hoàn Kiếm (04) 3828 6573 - ditto with this outlet, but we've included the description 'an endless selection of well-designed garments'.

Down near the Cathedral you'll find: Cửa Hàng Mosaique Decoration, 22 Nhà Thờ, Q.Hoàn Kiếm (04) 3971 3797 - more for interiors (I think): 'silks, décor, homeware, jewelery'.

And virtually next door (but around the corner), at 8 Nhà Chung, Hoàn Kiếm

is Bamboo Silk - more of this below.

In the same area, but further south, you'll come accross: Cacoon - Cửa Hàng Thời Trang Cocoon, 20 (Số Cũ 30), Nhà Chung, Q.Hoàn Kiếm -

(04) 3928 6922 - 'Silk garments for women are the mainstay, and these typically update traditional Vietnamese motif, also original jewellery'.

You'll note that all of the above are in the Hoan Kiem Lake District - we're staying at the Lakeview so have looked at places that are not far away... but, we are also visiting out of town to the Van Phuc Silk Village which we're arranging with the 'Hanoi Kids'.

Now, as for tailoring, we've decided on Bamboo Silk... and this is the reason why - a TA report:

'It's in the Old Quarter, near the cathedral. At first glance, it looks like an off-the-rack women's clothes store, which it primarily is (if something there catches your eye, she can adjust it, or make a new version for you) She's happy to make almost anything to order, and she made 2 suits for my boyfriend, both of which are great. One is a 'normal' style, and the other has a Mandarin-style lapel/collar (a style none of the regular men's tailors were willing to make). I also got 3 lovely dresses made there; one long silk, one short silk, and one flannel summer dress, along with a silk shawl. We were very happy with all of our purchases.

She's very professional, speaks reasonable English, and really knows what she's doing. She has a good intuition about what will look good on people. She also deals with a lot of locals - a good sign!

She'll charge you a fair price off the bat (it's not a try-to-rip-off-the-tourists store) so unless you're ordering a lot, I wouldn't recommend trying to haggle much.'

I hope you find what you want, and do enjoy your holiday!

Cheers ツ

www.maudcameron.com

If you'd like to locate all of the above on a map do use this shortened link: http://goo.gl/LQtdy

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

Thanks for this information for Hanoi which I will keep for another trip :) I was actually refering to the name of a tailor located in Hoi An which has come highly recommended.

Safe travels

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

Oops! Sorry,

Try - A Dong Silk - their website advertises 'recommended on Trip Advisor': http://www.adongsilk.com/

Map: http://goo.gl/5BY4p

Cheers ツ

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

Silk Road is located at Nguyen Thai Hoc, Hoi An. I think it is 91. We were just there (April 2011) and highly recommend Thuy and Thuy. We had (16) people with us and most had their tailoring done by Thuy and Thuy. My husband had two suits and five business suits - all very well done and with a cost we were very happy with. My daughter and her girlfriend - both 14, with my daughter being very hard to please - had dresses made and the love them! A girlfriend who finds it difficult to get things to fit her body shape had some lovely suits made. Everyone was extremely happy. I also had a formal dress made. I selected a dress that did not suit me and Thuy and Thuy did not hesitate to change it for me - three times! It did not even resemble the dress I had originally chosen. When selecting a tailor, take pictures either on your mobile phone and/or printed copies. The more information you have, the better they will be able to reproduce. In the future, I will also try on styles prior to looking at a picture!

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

hi there,

The Silk Road is located at 91 - Phan Chau Trinh - Hoian

So easy to find it (at the crossroad).

Good luck

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

The address is 91 Nguyen Thai Hoc Hoi An

Phone is 84 510 3911058

Email silkroadvn@hotmail.com

Mobile 095.357173

I just ordered a coat today so will see if turns out to what I want tomorrow.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

Thanks very much everyone - I found it when I was in Hoi An - highly recommend Thuy's work, girls are lovely. Hope you are all as happy with your items as I was.

Safe travels

10. Re: Silk Road Tailor address please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 17:19