We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Hoi An Town

Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Hoi An Town

Hi,

Lookingat booking a hotel in Hoi An for mid September. Would like to stay in town. Any suggestions? Willing to pay $70 - 100 per night. Do not like huge hotels. Prefer small / boutique.Must have bath tub.

Regards

Leigh

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

Ha an hotel

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

We stayed in the rear rooms with a balcony at the Thien Thanh hotel. Lovely bedrooms, large bathroom has a bath with shower over it. The balconies look out over a beautiful field, the breakfast area is a delight and the breakfast itself was the best we had in just over 2 weeks of being in Vietnam.

The rooms with the balconies combined with the lovely breakfast area, and adjacent swimming pool give the place the air of a boutique hotel. Easily within your price range and a short walk into the main part of town.

If you do go for this one, make sure you specifically book a rear room with balcony. If I remember right, my room was on the second floor on the left hand side as you go up the stairs. Couldn't fault it.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

We stayed at the Vinh hung Resort at the river, a 2 minute walk to town with a lovely pool and a great location.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,883 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

Fully endorse the recommendation for the Vinh Hung Riverside Resort. Only three minutes walk to the centre of Ho An.

All rooms have bath with shower above.

All best regards. Ian

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

we stayed in Long Life Riverside earlier this year, the rooms had large bath tubs, some sunken. The hotel is on the river as the name suggests and is 5 mins. from the centre of the Old Town. We had a fabulous stay for us55 per night, but do check the reviews of the last week or so, something seems to being going wrong with the hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

Gem

Maybe someone is out to sabotage the hotel's reputation, as it has dropped from fourth to seventh on the list in one week!

Can a hotel with a really good reputation go off so quickly - maybe!!

I am still going to give it a go, but I have checked out a couple of options if it doesn't work smoothly when I arrive.

DG

Edited: 09 May 2011, 09:00
London, UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

I have just stayed at the Thien Thanh hotel and can definitely back it up as one of my fave hotels in the world. It cost me $45 for a room with two twin beds or you can go for the ones at the back for $55. I also tried the Long Life one a few doors down as the Thien Thanh was a little more than my budget but as it was my birthday, I wanted to treat myself. This one was tiny but only $20 and it was for one night so that was fine.

Maybe when you arrive, just go on Ba Trieu as there are about 10 hotels, all vary in terms of price and design.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
901 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

We stayed at LL Riverside for 8 nights last week and I would stay there again. It was very central to town and the rooms are very spacious with modern bathrooms and a refreshing pool in the middle of the hotel. The staff are all very nice also. Breakfast is basic but they do have nice banana or pinepapple pancakes and eggs made to order.

The negative side to this hotel is they can't guarantee the room you book but they don't tell you this until you check in. We booked a deluxe river view room but only got this after 3 nights. Also the rooms with river views are nicer and much quieter than at the back of the hotel. The problem is there aren't too many rooms with river views as the foyer and breakfast floor take a lot of this space.

We paid $40 for our first room at the back of the hotel and were told it was identical to the deluxe river view. It was a nice room but not to the standard of the river view room which we paid $45/ night but we booked over 6 months ago and prices have gone up.

So just be prepared if you choose to stay at this hotel you may not get the room you want and take all emails with you to show what was arranged over the net.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
901 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

Also the spa bath in our river view room was luxury and the other room had a very large bath tub.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Hoi An Town

shell28, maybe it is this sort of thing that people are not happy with. I had a similar problem earlier in the year, despitr numerous emails detailing my husband's mobility problems months ahead, and requesting a walk in shower, the room that was saved for us had a huge sunken bath!. As it was late at night, we had to take up their offer of a noisy room at the back, but next day they found us a suitable room. All the hanging around for the room to be ready plus moving luggage etc. encroaches on valuable holiday time. However, I would return as we had a very pleasant stay once we got the rooms sorted.

Darwingranny- please post a review on how it was for you..