We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Da Nang from Hoi An

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Da Nang from Hoi An

I have decided from reading TA, what best suits our requirements is to spend three nights in Hoi An and do a side trip to Da Nang to include a tour of Da Nang and the Mountains on the way to or from.

Is this possible if we hired a private tour guide (any recommendaitons.

Alternatively, as our flight arrives in DaNang at 6pm and leaves Danang at 6am (three days later). Maybe leave Hoi An around midday the day before our flight and have an afternoon in DaNang for sight seeing (on the way see the Marble mountains) , spend the night at DaNang and catch a flilght from there.

Option 1, I thoughtt avoids packing and unpacking - although we will only have an overnight bag so travelling light. But doesnt really let us have a feel for Da nang - since it would be predominently a drive through!

Any suggestions, recommendations please?

Thanks

Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Da Nang from Hoi An

You may depart for Danang in the morning and spend a full day in Danang, rent a private car and a guide to visit around Marble mountains, Ba Na hill are also good place to visit. I think you will like Cham museum there,too.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Da Nang from Hoi An

Hoi An to Danang is only 30-45 minutes by car or taxi, so you're very close already. Given your early departure from Danang, I'd probably opt for spending the preceding night there. Marble Mountains will only take about two hours max to see, and as Travelsense recommended, the Cham Museum is a good place to spend another hour or so. Other than that, China beach is worth a look, but there's not much else in Danang yet for the average tourist, (although they're building scores of new resorts along the beach there).

At least staying the night means you don't need to be up quite so early on your departure day.

3. Re: Day trip to Da Nang from Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:15