We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location hotel in Hoi An

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Best location hotel in Hoi An

Am looking for the best central location in Hoi An.If someone can give me the name of a hotel in the best location, I can start researching other hotels in that same area that suit my budget.

Cheers. Danuta.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

It depends if you want to stay at the beach or nearer the town, we stayed at the Vinh hung Riverside resort, which is about a 5 minute walk from the town located on the river which was very peaceful.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

I see that for walking in town you can stay at Hoi An hotel, Thuy Duong 3 hotel, Vinh Hung 2 hotel, Thanh Binh 3 hotel. They are in the ancient town. And much resort near beach if you wish to relax on beach. The beach is beautiful. Only 5 or 10 minutes from hotel or resort in Cua Dai beach to the town. Plam Garden, Victoria, Golden Sand resort, Hoi an riverside...

Jena, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

Thanh Binh 3 is better because it still new and has large space. Riverside hotel is old and not to be repaired or upgraded. Golden Sand is a little bit far. Victoria is okay. Palm Garden or The Boutique are better. Hope you have a happy holiday!!!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,722 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

I far prefer the central area (where the action is). It's a very easy bike ride out to the beach, and bike is the way to travel in Hoi An. Many streets in the central (ancient town) are pedestrian-only. The beach and riverside areas are rather isolated, but very beautiful. The best food and shopping is central.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

I suggest you steer away from Vinh Hung 2. Although well positioned, not in the Ancient Town as suggested by David Z, but to the outer limits of the CBD, all rooms are built around the pool and look into each other giving little privacy. Also the meals there were very ordinary and not hot.

Greg

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

@ daawgon - Where is the central area that you are talking about. Thats what I have been trying to find out. I want to be where the action is.

Can you give me a name of a hotel in that area. I dont want you to recommend I stay there or anything, but it gives me an area to start with and I can search for the nearest hotel that I like and that is in my budget around it.

@sgtgwh. Thanks as I have stayed at hotels like you describe and not liked them. Also hate it when meals that are meant to be hot are cold. Thats my pet peev.

I do not enjoy walking in the hot heat of the day, so want a central hotel so I can go out in the morning, back to hotel in the hottest part of the day and then go out later in the day when it starts to cool off.

Cheers. Danuta.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

Hi Danuta,

I suggest you to find hotels base on its address. Here are some streets that have many hotels in the center: Ba Trieu, Tran Phu, Nguyen Thai Hoc, Le Loi, Nguyen Hue, Phan Chu Trinh, Tran Hung Dao.

Hope this helpful!

London, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

Hi Danuta, we stayed at the Ha An in February. It was our first experience of Vietnam and we thought it perfect. Small but spotless rooms filled with fresh flowers, a peaceful garden and a short walk into town. One of our highlights was getting to the market early in the morning as the fishermen were bringing in their catch... busy and colourful... then back to the Ha An for a relaxed breakfast.

9. Re: Best location hotel in Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:26