We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banh mi

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Banh mi

Can anyone tell me the location in Hoi An for the famous banh mi seller? Rumour has it they make the best in nam!

rotterdam, Holland
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banh mi

Go to the Hoi An market. There is a Banh Mi Stall with the name Banh Mi Phuong. They are very famous by local peoples. It means that you have to wait for a while before you get your bread but it's worth the wait.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banh mi

Thanks hansyen, I cant wait to get my hands on the banh mi with 'the lot', I've seen it on youtube and was wondering where it was. Should be easy to locate thanks.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banh mi

Me and my boyfriend have both fallen in love with Banh Mi in Ho Chi Minh City... We are now waiting for our flight to Danang for Hoi An and we'll definitely be looking for the Banh mi stall when we arrive!

thanks for this post and the reply!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banh mi

In response to my original posting, they did move recently and are now located at the very edge of the market in Hoang Dieu St. Make your way to the corner of Tran Phu and Hoang Dieu, walk downhill for 50 meters towards the bridge and they are on your right at the corner of the first laneway.

Their banh mi with the everything is 20,000 dong (US$1) and 2000 more with egg. They are THE BEST.

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Banh mi

The lady that runs Banh Mi Phuong is the ice lady. She has a cold stare and demeanor that would freeze molten lava. She makes a damn good Banh Mi though!!

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banh mi

Excellent Banh Mi, lively breakfast fare, used to grab one and ride over the bridge to the southside and sit on the riverbank watching the water transport arrivals in the morning and marvel at the efficient hull shapes and low hp engines driving them.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banh mi

The local price for a banh mi is 7000vnd - fuller one 8000vnd.

There is a great banh mi near the hoi an bus station its my daily breakfast - 10,000vnd the best in town in my book.

8. Re: Banh mi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:17