We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prescription glasses in Hoi An

Queensland
Level Contributor
53 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Prescription glasses in Hoi An

Hi all

I am looking for the name of a shop please..........

I have been told of a very good optical shop where titanium, transition frames only cost approx. $60. I believe the lady there was extemely thorough and professional. Unfortunately my friend, did not get a card and cannot remember the name. He said it was across the road from a model boat shop in the old town. This shop was cheaper than other places and not flooded with tourists. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. Cheers

91 replies to this topic
Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

I don't know the name but we got ours from a shop in Tran Phu street it was on the left side walking up and there was a lady there that was very professional.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

i bought titanium frames and lenses and I think it was the shop you are talking about , although it is owned by a man and he has another branch- the name just escapes me right now, but i'll look through my cards and see if i can find it for you.

the frames have been absolutely fantastic- so comfortable and lightweight-I've taken to wearing them all the time- the frames were $50 - then I had multi-focal and transitional and altogether it came up to close to $190.

you don't even need to take a script with you

Edited: 06 October 2012, 09:01
Queensland
Level Contributor
53 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

Thanks Chrella and maz1 - appreciate it. From what I can make out the model boat shop is in Tran Phu street, so sounds like that may good start anyway. Cheers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

Hi amosi. I think you will find that this is the shop you are talking about but as i said this branch is the actual owner. Originally i dealt with the girl in the first shop but was recommended to mr hung and got a bit better deal so hope this helps

The name of the glasses shop is iA Chau Optical at 2B Nguyen Hue street Hoian. The owner of the shop is Mr Hung.

Edited: 09 October 2012, 12:33
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

the i before A Chau is a typo- sorry- so shop is called A Chau Optical

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

We had glasses made today(prescription sunglasses with long distance lenses and reading glasses). The high quality rayban frames were a little more expensive than others but at $100 for two pairs great value. The shop is Tuan Hung Optic on Nguyen Duy Hieu. Very professional and great service. Hope this helps?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

Thanks Lissy64

we will be there in November and hoping to get glasses made then. Did you take your own script??

Queensland
Level Contributor
53 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

Thanks Maz1 and Lissy64 - gives us few options anyway. Appreciate everyones help. Cheers

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

As my experience, you can get the glasses in many glasses shops on Tran Phu street, Nguyen Duy Hieu and Hai Ba Trung street. They are all similar. Last 2 years, glasses shop has been very popular business. I think there are no less than 30 shops around the old quarter.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prescription glasses in Hoi An

Do you need to have a script at these optical places or do they do the eye test there as well?

Reply to: Prescription glasses in Hoi An
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hoi An