We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Facebook Ban...

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam Facebook Ban...

Have been in Vietnam for 10 days and understand they have an "unofficial ban" on Facebook. I know there are ways around this, but I am not a technical person. However, I spent one night at a hotel in HCMC where it worked. Do I assume the hotel owner bypassed the block with his WiFi network . If that is possible, does anyone know of hotels in Hoi An, Hue, or Hanoi where this would be the case? If so, you could private message me to avoid implicating the places in question.

Thanks.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

although fb is banned in Vn but it doesn't matter, every one can use it. I think use hotpot shield is good way but all the computers in hotels already install to use fb

Level Contributor
69 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

We were in Hue & Hoi An for 2 weeks in August this year and used wi-fi everyday in hotels, guest houses, resturants to access facebook to post pics back to family and never had any problems at all.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

If you use an Android device you won't have an issue with FB. (We didn't anyway).

Apple is a problem.

Singapore...
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

I used to experience the FB ban when I first came here one year ago but it has since gone away after Tet. I don't have to use alternative methods any more. If you have any problem, one thing will surely work, use your smartphone to connect. Somehow mobile sites have never been banned.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

I used the hotspot shield app with no problems

Jas

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

How do you change the DNS server on a google nexus tablet? Anyone know?

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

This will help

http://tinyurl.com/b6c3qcn

Edited: 10 December 2012, 22:34
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
507 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

Umm, let's try these ways (Enter the link) starblogger.net/5-ways-to-access-facebook-wh… haven't tried it yet but should be workng.

www.punky.co.za << this too :)

19. Re: Vietnam Facebook Ban...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:15