We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An Hotel close to city center

Richmond, Virginia...
13 posts
Save Topic
Hoi An Hotel close to city center

I'm looking for a reasonably-priced ($75 max) hotel in Hoi An, closer to the city than the beaches. Air conditioning is kind of essential, and I expect a clean, comfortable room, but mostly I'd just like something with a good location!

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

Have enjoyed the Vinh Hung 3 several times. Very central, rooftop pool for $35-$40 per night. The room directly above reception has a balcony and is larger than the others.

Mark

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

For a total experience try the Hai Au...a short walk into the centre but on the road towards the beaches...a fun bike ride!!!We LOVED it there.The staff are the friendliest anywhere and breakfast buffet wonderful...huge rooms with a computer in each room and a BIG pool.Abot $35 a night.

Richmond, Virginia...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

I will definitely look into the Vinh Hung since at first glance it looks really nice. I had considered the Hai Au but it's gotten some less than stellar reviews recently that it's not well updated and instances of overcharging are becoming more prevalent.

Richmond, Virginia...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

Unfortunately, the Vinh Hung 3 is sold out for our dates! Any other suggestions close to it? So many of the reviews mentioned it is in a good location.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,039 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

Love the Ha An. No pool, but great staff and great breakfasts.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
872 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

I'd look at the hotels over on An Hoi, it's directly opposite the old town and much quieter than in town. For less than $75 a night the Little Boutique, Long Life Riverside or the new Hoi An Marina & Spa Resort are in your budget and are all very beautiful hotels with air-con, pool and great views.

Although the Vinh Hung 3 has a couple of nice balconied rooms all the others have no windows and its directly in front of a speaker system, the roof top pool is a nice touch, but it gets really hot and the reason its full is because all the rooms (with no windows) get booked out to big tour groups like Gap etc which can mean you get a load of noisy drunk kids coming back in the small hours.

Ba Trieu Street (where the Vinh Hung 3 is located) is the backpacker area in town. An Hoi is far nicer.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

Ha An was very good value...short walk to everywhere, bike for going to beach and excellent breakfasts.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

Kirby,

I have only stayed there 3 times but I have never seen tour groups or any of the commotion that you talk about. I found it well managed, comfortable and good value. Hope you are wrong as I am returning in 7 weeks with a few friends and would feel bad if I misrepresented the accommodation side of things :-(

Mark

Table View, South...
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

Have a look at the Cua Dai Hotel.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
848 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoi An Hotel close to city center

For the money I suggest that you look for Vinh Hung resort or its brand new sister Vinh Hung Emerald resort. Located by the river with a few steps to the old town. Very nice gardens, big pool, good big room.