We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

Is a trip to Bana Hills worth doing? Other than the cable car, what is at the top as the last I read it was it was still being developed.

Is it possible to do a trip to Bana Hills from Hoi An and how long would this take?

Can a detour to the glass elevator at Marble mountain be fitted in as well. Any idea of the possible cost of this?

Chris

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

Very doable as a day trip....even with Marble Mountain thrown in. I'd say to do MM first then move on to BaNa as it's about 45 mins away depending on how you're travelling.....ie moto or taxi or private car.....and the traffic.

Nha Trang, Khanh...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

Yes it can be done in a day trip, the cable car ride is the best part. I was there about 6 months ago and it was still heavily under construction. There was a very expensive restaurant, an arcade, a 4d theater, and some rides its mostly set up for kids there is also a hotel, spa ect. I'm planning on going again this month but its mostly just because of the view. Also not sure about the elevator from marble mountain it looked almost finished when I was there 6 months ago.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
809 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

How much would a private car or taxi cost from Hoi An for return trip? & what time would you need to leave Hoi An to make the trip worthwhile?

Thanks

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

About $35 for a private rental car/driver for the day - least that is what we paid. We did Ba Na hill, China Beach, Marble Mt, Linh Ung Bai But Pagoda.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

News on the cable cars.......... …vietnamnet.vn/fms/travel/68597/third-ba-na-… Certainly well worth going if only for the views.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

Amazing hot/tropical bottom of Ba Na Hill and cold, rainy, windy on the very top. The cable ride was def the best thing going for the side trip.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

I love the journey up the cable car, but maybe take your own food as it is not great and if you are going for the theme park rides inside.. my kids have been lately and said that they were disappointed that they now charge for all the rides.. crazy to charge for rides after the cost of the cable car !!!

8. Re: Is a day trip to Bana Hills possible ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 05:15