We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
317 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

We are looking at staying at Hoi An next April for 7 nights and we would like somewhere with a beach view. So far the two that stand out are Palm Garden and Victoria. Also looked at Sunrise Hoi An Resort which is further down the beach. Which is on the nicest part of the beach or isnt there much difference? Does anyone know if you get much of a view from the oceanview rooms at either of these, or any other suggestions please!

thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

You really can't go wrong with either of them

The only thing I'd say would be to check the condition of the beach at Victoria as it is situated directly next door to Golden Sands which completely lost their Beach

Australia
Level Contributor
317 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

Thanks maz1, Golden Sands was another I looked at, but when I looked at some photos here on TA I saw that the beach seemed rocky and washed away, so maybe I will stick with Palm Garden, is the beach nice there? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

We have stayed at Palm garden every year for the last few years actually since the beach washed away at golden sands

The Beach at PG is divine and we love the resort

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

The second floor rooms at PG have terric views of the beach from the large private balconies.

Australia
Level Contributor
317 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

Hi Tecalli,

The second floor rooms you mentioned, what category are they called? Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

I think they're ocean-view deluxe - in your booking, make sure you ask them for a complete view of the ocean-

we were in a ground floor ocean-view deluxe last year, but could only glimpse the ocean through gardens and the other rooms

they do also have bungalows with amazing views right at the ocean front- however- they have outdoor bathrooms which get very very hot if you're there in the summer - there's no airconditioning in these bathrooms which I found very uncomfortable.

Australia
Level Contributor
317 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

Thanks for that maz1, I looked at the bungalows, they look lovely, but they were quite a bit more expensive so will definitely ask for the ocean view deluxe. Thanks

8. Re: Beachfront hotel in Hoi An? Palm Garden or Victoria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 06:17