We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym In Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Gym In Hoi An

There are one or two posts on here already about gyms in Hoi An but they are either from ladies looking for ladies' western style cardio gyms or met with people saying 'go cycling' or 'go running'.

I run already but I'd like pick up and put down some heavy weights too. Local Vietnamese gyms will be fine. I've tried 578 Cua Dia which would of been ideal but unfortunately they're closed until the 1st of July.

Just a bar bell, a bench, a chair and some form of squat apparatus would be hansom.

Thank you in advance.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym In Hoi An

Hey Ryan D

I think I have you covered.

I would suggest some low weight, high rep work using caphe sua nam for a morning session or Saigon green/red for an arvo fix. The cafes opposite the ferry would be an ideal locale for either workout.

For cardio, quads and hammies I would suggest a 4 kilometre bike sprint from the Japanese bridge to Cua dai beach.

Unfortunately the squats are going to be a problem in Hoi an. Most establishments are now equipped with 'state of the art' western toilets so you may have to 'think outside the square' to achieve your goals.

Good luck,

Mark

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym In Hoi An

How ya going mate?

Thanks for your response, I'm way ahead of you though. I start with a 60/40 jog sprint for around 4km to fire up the legs.

Then I do one strong rep of cà phê đen at Sunshine around breakfast time to fire up my morning.

The avo sesh is usually spent outside cafe 43 repping bia hoi until its time for bed.

I'm just not getting the right gains from it though.

If you know anywhere with slag iron plates and steel bars, that'd be great.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym In Hoi An

Ha ha

Nice one Ryan :-)

Seriously though, in all my wanderings I haven't noticed a set up in Hoi an. Hopefully one of the Destination experts will give you some info.

Mark

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym In Hoi An

I noticed a gym next to our hotel Hai Au hotel. It was an outside type gym - lots of beefed up guys doing weights etc. It always seemed to be open. A local might have more info on it?

Hoi An, Vietnam
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym In Hoi An

if you want the gym should going to 5 NGO GIA TU .NEAR THE BUS STATION

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gym In Hoi An

I looked for the gym near the bus stop, but couldn't seem to find it. I did use the one at 578 Cua Dia, and it was great. Its nestled between an art shop and a barber on the left hand side of the road if your heading out of town. When I got there its was all closed up, but knowing that the Vietnamese have their lunch and siesta, and seeing as it was 1:30pm I was sure I wouldn't have a long time to wait. Gave me some time to warm up anyway. It opens at 2pm, though someone saw me siting there and called the bloke who came and opened up early for me. It cost me 50,000 dong, but I hardly felt like arguing (should have been more like 20 or 30) seeing as how he opened up early for me. Its a basic gym, with heaps of free weights. everything you need really, just with none of the fancy stuff, which is what Im used to anyway.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gym In Hoi An

This might seem a silly question, but does anyone know if the locals have any issues with females working out at these type of places? I'm a weights not a cardio person myself and would like to get a few workouts in where I can along the way through Vietnam.

Hoi An, Vietnam
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gym In Hoi An

Hey. We (me and my girlfriend) just went to the gym there. It is okay for a simple workout. And the guys had no problem with my girlfriend there. But she said that she would not want to go alone. But I think it is okay.

If you are in Hoi An right now: We want to go tmrw again! So if you want you can join us.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gym In Hoi An

There are 3 gym culb at Hoi An .I would highly recommend for you at 5 NGO GIA TU ST . It is very close the center of city

Vietnam
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gym In Hoi An

If you are a person wanting to visit a Gym while in Hoian you can't go past the Son Phong Gym at 578 Cua Dai Road, very near town. Whilst it does not boast new equipment it certainly has all the equipment you will need and the atmosphere is great.Operated by a former Vietnamese and Asian body building champion you are sure to get the right advise on any issues you may have. Inexpensive daily rates are available as is short and long term membership.Having visited this gym on many occasions I can certainly recommend it to both male and females looking for either casual or big time work outs, JohnR Armstrong Beach.