We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Stay

Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Where To Stay

Looking for some advice on where to stay in Hoi An. Looking for an area that has lots of good food local and café type but not really interested in high class restaurants. Like to do shopping markets and stores and going walking around looking at local life. Wife would like hair dresser and manicures. Good massages at reasonable prices.

All help greatly appreciated.

Tysaf

1. Re: Where To Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 15:05
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
228 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Stay

We stayed at the Hoi An Riverside Resort, it was beautiful, we had an upstairs room over looking the river. Only $3 into town by taxi. If you get reception to book the taxi then if you leave anything in taxi by mistake they can they trace the taxi and get it back for you.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
452 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Stay

Stayed at the Vinh Hung Riverside (I think that's what the above post may have meant?). Great location, short walk into the ancient town, we hired bicycles for a couple of days and rode around town and down to the beach.

My friends and I had trouble deciding whether to stay at the beach or in town and we were very happy we stayed in town.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where To Stay

We also stayed at the Vinh hung Riverside resort and would definitely stay there again, nice area and a 10 minute stroll to the centre of town.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
171 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where To Stay

Look at Ving Hung Emerald,Hoi An Essence or Hoi An Marina

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where To Stay

I really don't recommend the Hoi An Marina

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where To Stay

#6 you should at least give a reason.

Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where To Stay

I think now maybe in town would probably be better like to spend less that $90 AUD per night for 2 adults. Looking for something with interesting surroundings.

Cheers

Tysaf

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where To Stay

#6 #7 sorry

I just thought the Hoi An Marina was overpriced compared to similar for what was provided. The pool was tiny and there are no other facilities apart from the Spa. Breakfast was poor. We had a riverview villa with outdoor bathroom which we didn't like as it was so so hot and steamy and allowed all sorts of insects to come in. It certainly looks nice but I didn't think it was value for money

Culcairn, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where To Stay

Is the river and the Old Town the same or is it a slightly diferent area?