We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
487 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions

Hi,

We are heading off to Vietnam for 16 days soon and I am in the process of finalising all of our accommodations. I think I have ones in Hanoi and Hue sorted but hoping I could get an advice on one in Hoi An.

We are hoping to visit the beach quite often so thinking of staying somewhere between the beach and the old city (can't quite afford the beach front resort). Out of these 3, not sure which would be the best options;

Hoi An Trail Resorts and Spa: 276 Cua Dai, Cam Chau, Hoi An

River Beach Resort and Residences: Cua Dai Street, Cua Dai, Hoi An

We are also considering the following but understand it situated on different location area as the other two...

Hoi An Ancient House Village Resort and Spa: Thanh Dong Hamlet - Cam Thanh, Cam Thanh, Hoi An

Advice on location and convenience to the beach and/or first hand reviews on the accommodations itself would be much appreciated. We are of course open to other suggestions. We will be in Hoi An early-mid July.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions

If staying between Hoi An and the beach you'll need transportation for both. I would prefer stying in the old town, nice to visit early morning and in the evening and everything is in walking distance.

It's not to far to the beach, you can go by bike or catch a txi or motorbike in Hoi An center.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions

I was in Hoi an 3 weeks ago with a few friends and the longest time we spent at the beach was about 1-2 hours a day, only twice. It was my 5th time and my friends 2nd and they agreed that staying in town was much more fun than being isolated at the beach (we all live at the beach in Sydney) It really depends on what you are looking for, which you will figure out after a few more replies. I visited friends at the Hoi an trails once and it was a beautiful resort but they still spent most of their time waiting for the resorts shuttle into Hoi an.

Good luck,

Mark

leicester
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions

Not sure whether this would be a consideration, but Betel Garden is around 20 mins from the town and 3 km from the beach. We also planned to visit the beach but found it you hit, and our lovely hotel had a small pool and offered spa treatments so we stayed put. We cycled into the town easily, or took a taxi for less than 2 dollars. It isn't 5 star but it was peaceful, intimate and the rooms were ideal. And around 45 usd a night for two including breakfast. Maybe not what you are looking for, but very good value and a good location.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions

Hi. We stayed at River beach resort last year. Had a room overlooking the river which was huge with big balcony. It was abt a 5min walk to beach where they have their own beach club (chargeback available). We also couldn't afford right on the beach but thought we got the best of it with a river view but short stroll to beach. Personally I wouldn't stay in the places mid way between beach and town as then u have to travel to one or the other. It's a short cheap 10min taxi ride from town to beach so easy to get from your accommodation to either. In the end it depends on what u prefer - we probably prefer to stay in town in easy walk of attractions and many restaurants etc and have a few days at the beach. It's easy to find a lounge as long as u buy something. Can't recommend River beach tho but stay in the deluxe river view room

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few questions

Hi,

its very HOT here at the moment & the beach is very welcoming. IMO: staying on the beach offers very different options than town. It's only a short taxi ride or shuttle bus into town. . I have noticed many cheaper budget hotels close to the beach which I'm happy to check out for u.

Christchurch, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Few questions

We have just left Hoi An. Stayed on the riverside which is lovely at night with all of the lanterns and very easy walk to many dining options. Hired bicycles for 30000 vdn and rode to the beach each day. We were very pleased that we didn't choose to stay at the beach. Can recommend Than Binh Riverside hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
487 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Few questions

Thank you very much for all of your replies! I'll revisit our plans as it makes sense to not stay in the middle - having to travel both way probably won't be fun after few days!

We'll be staying right in town for both Hanoi and Hue so thinking of staying nearer to beach for some escape in Hoi An.. any recommendations for cheaper places near to be would be great appreciated! Definitely will check out the riverside as suggested.

Thank you so much - 3 weeks to go, can't wait!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
487 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Few questions

Thank you very much for all of your replies! I'll revisit our plans as it makes sense to not stay in the middle - having to travel both way probably won't be fun after few days!

We'll be staying right in town for both Hanoi and Hue so thinking of staying nearer to beach for some escape in Hoi An.. any recommendations for cheaper places near to be would be great appreciated! Definitely will check out the riverside as suggested.

Thank you so much - 3 weeks to go, can't wait!

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Few questions

I can second 123wp's recommendation of Thanh Binh Riverside hotel. It's very convenient for walking to the old town and it's a 10-minute motor ride to the beach. The hotel is quite new so the rooms feel very fresh and there are good deals to be had on Agoda.

10. Re: Few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:15