We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 2 days in hoi an enough

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Is 2 days in hoi an enough

Am traveling through Vietnam in November and am stuck between having 2 days in hoi an and 3 day cruise in halong bay or 3 days in hoi an and a 2 day cruise in halong bay, thanks for any help

Sapa
Level Contributor
471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

Hoi An is very beautiful and appealing to travelers who wants to stay longer if they can. You can add one extra day to Hoi An and shorten your trip to Halong with 2 days which I think that it is enough for this bay.

Sapa Sunshine Travel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

Definately 2 days in Halong Bay and 3 days in Hoi An. If you are considering having clothes made it is best to give yourself time for fittings without stressing. We have just left Hoi An after 2 days and felt it was not enough time.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,433 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

I would go with 5 days in Hoi An and zero in HB, or perhaps 3 in Hoi An and 2 in Quy Nhon

(the cruise did nothing for me!)

4. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 17:38
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
979 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

3 Hoi an and 2 halong

Much refered Hoi an and too wud vote skip halong and do 5 Hoi an

Edited: 13 August 2014, 07:13
Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

The overnight cruise on Halong Bay is definitely worthwhile - try V-Spirit cruise. Then have 3 nights in Hoi An.

Australia
Level Contributor
326 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

Definitely 3 days Hoi An and 2 days Halong Bay, we loved both places. If you had more time available, would add extra days again to Hoi An.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

I think 2 days is enough for either. I'd take the extra day in Danang (only 40 minues from Hoi An).

Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

Definitely do the extra time in Hoi An. An overnight trip on Halong Bay is sufficient.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 2 days in hoi an enough

To be honest, I'd only do one night in Ha Long Bay and maybe use the extra two nights for Hue, if you haven't planned to visit there already.